Rewrite the Event URL

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:24

Rewrite the Event URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Is there a way to change the default events url?  It seems to currently be dateCreated/EventTitle and I need it to be dateOfEvent/EventTitle.  

We have a list of Special Education Workshops to enter in as events.  They all have the Name of "Special Education Workshop" and then the details are listed in the Description area.  Each one is unique.  Whenever we enter all of the events in, I have noticed the URL for each is the same and only the last event entered is given details for.  The url is based on the day the event was created and note the day of the event.  So entering multiple items with the same name at the same time causes this problem.

Is there any what to change this to the URL is based on the event day and not the creation day?

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

Yes, it's quite easy tho change the way Sitefinity formats content item's URls. Please take a look at this forum thread, which contains an explanation and screenshot demonstrating the location of the settings. Please note you'll need to restart the application to apply the new changes. In your case, I believe a urlFormat of /[EventStart]/[UrlName] would suit the desired functionality. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

This seems to be exactly what I am looking for, but I am running into one problem.  Is there a way to take the time out of the url?  It is causing errors to be thrown due to the colon in the time.

If it could just be [EventStart without time]/[URLName] that would be perfect.

Please let me know.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

Sure it can :) Please try specifying "/[EventStart, 0:yyyy'/'MM'/'dd]/[UrlName]" (without the quotes) that should do the job

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed