My backend pages keep telling me I'm running a trial ver

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:01

My backend pages keep telling me I'm running a trial version...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

... when I'm not.

Why?

-- 
Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Sitefinity will be displaying trial message if your website is not licensed, or not licensed properly.

A possible reason for the warning is if you have changed the host header thus making some routing and our code cannot validate the key.

Also make sure that your license is for the version of Sitefinity you have installed and the .lic file is in App_Data/Sitefinity folder.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I'm not aware of having changed the header, but, when I can get the site back up (subject of another ticket) I'll check.

-- 
Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Can you add the following code in a user control and check the host that is returned.

public void CheckHost()

var host = Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.CurrentHttpContext.Request.Url.Host.ToLower();
            Response.Write(host);
            if (Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.CurrentHttpContext.Request.Url.HostNameType != UriHostNameType.Dns)

Response.Write("HostNameType is not the same as the DNS");

Also do you have problems if you use localhost?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan

Thanks for that. I'll check it as soon as I can get the site back up (Please God let that be soon).

As for localhost, I've not seen this problem, no.

-- 
Stuart

This thread is closed