Conten blocks language link

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:11

Conten blocks language link

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

A question about Conten blocks.

I have a site with three different languages. (sv, en, da)

In SF3.7 it was no trouble linking to the appropriate language page.

*Image 1 and 2.

In SF4.1, only the treeview from my defualt language (Swedish) is showing?
How can I display the treeview from my other language (English and Danish) so I can create a link to the appropriate language page?
*Image 3

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Magnus Lindeberg,

There isn't a built in option for this in Sitefinity 4 yet. In the Hyperlink manager (or the HTML editor) you will have to specify the link to the desired language page, but in the treeview you can only see the treeview of the default pages. Do you want me to log this as a feature request?

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Svetoslav Petsov,
It was sad to hear.

"Do you want me to log this as a feature request?"
Yes, please.

/Magnus Lindeberg

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Magnus,

Thank you for the valuable request.
It is logged in PITS with ID 7259. You can add additional comments and vote for this request to raise its priority.

Your Telerik points are updated.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

We have found some other issues related to the previous posts:

Synced pages
When using the language synchronizing tool, the content blocks behaves as one unit. When editing the english version the swedish and danish versions gets modified as well. (sv.jpg dk.jpg)

Unable to browse page
It's possible to view the danish page by using the "View"link, in the backend (view.jpg) But when we try to access the page from the frontend, by pasting the url in a new browser or by a link, the content won't appear (just the template design) (pasted.jpg)

Insert link pop-up (Another issue similar to the posts above)
When editing a content block it's not even possible to link to the default language. When we delete the other languages, the link pop-up works just fine, but as soon we add another language it looks like this (insert_link.jpg). It's possible to use the "Narrow by typing" field, to find the page, but the treeview is disabled.

/Magnus Lindeberg

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Magnus Lindeberg,

Thank you for reporting these issues. I need some more time to reproduce these issues and then I will add them to our internal backlog.

700 Telerik points are added to your Telerik account.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed