WCF error when publishing a page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:39

WCF error when publishing a page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

I am getting an error when I try to publish a page in SF 4.1 SP3 (4.1.1574.0). The error says:

There was no endpoint listening at http://<domain>/defaultworkflows/pagesapprovalworkflow.xamlx that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

This error is shown in a popup box (see attached screen), so I cannot find the InnerException. I get this error now that I upgraded to SP3. Previously (on SP1), I was getting the following error when trying to publish:

An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response from….(link)….This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol.  This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down).  See server logs for more details.

I was getting the following error on SP1 when I tried to Save As Draft:

IIS 7.5 Detailed Error – 502.3 – Bad Gateway

This is in a shared hosting environment with 500mb of memory allocated to the application pool. Other than this, the site seems to work well.

Has anyone ever seen this WCF error before?

Solomon

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Just some more background on this. I read the following article several times looking for a solution - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/failed-workflow-operation.aspx#1746093

It is a shared environment so I cannot access the hosts file. I also tried the WorkflowBaseUrl fix. This did not work.

I also get some weird messages like Return Code: 0 or Return Code: 500 when I navigate to various locations in the backend...

Solomon

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Solomon,

Please enable service tracer log and try to narrow down the issue following suggestions made in this post

www.sitefinity.com/.../failed-workflow-operation.aspx

Also make sure that you don't have some url rewrite rules set in the IIS or you are using UrlScan tool.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

This issue is resolved. The problem was the temporary URL they gave me apparently did some redirects and goofy stuff. 

I pointed a real domain to the site and the WCF issue is no longer a problem. Definitely a routing issue.

Sol

This thread is closed