Overview and detail pages with different widgets (routing)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:56

Overview and detail pages with different widgets (routing)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project based on Sitefinity 4.1 SP2 that requires us to use the same base url for two pages (overview and detailpages)

Overview:
/products/

Detail:
/products/product_title/99

This is no problem with pages on which the template (including widgets) stays the same. However, we have situations where we need different widgets for the detail page. I've read a previous post of a developer on this forum with the same url problems, but this does not address our specific problem. (http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/routing-or-something.aspx)

Is there any way we can use route variables to link that url to a different page all together like this?:
/products/productTitle/productId

Or maybe you have another solution for this? We definitely need this working.

Kind regards,
Rick

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

*bump*

Any replies on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Rick De Vries,

If you develop the widgets using the ContentView base controls you can register multiple views for the detail mode. Then when the widget initializes you can set the current view to be different based on the UrlData.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Radoslav,

I wasn't talking about changing the controls behaviour when inside a detail view, that's trivial.

What I'm asking is how i can use a totally different layout and subset of widgets for my detail pages, but still use the url buildup I described in my first post. How can I get this to work?

In sitefinity 4, it is possible to route multiple routed url's to a single page, but it's not possible to use of the most used functionalities of URL routing by using variable url segments(as described before)?

Please elaborate a little further on this.

Kind regards,
Rick de Vries

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Rick De Vries,

For this you will have to create your own routing. Sitefinity Content View controls support the setting that you tell the lists view to which details page to forward the request. For example you can have a page /newslist and a /newsdetails and set the news view control on the first page to point to the /newsdetails one. Then if you have a news view there it will display the detail item. For your request you will have to do some custom routing using the approach described here.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed