Filter images by category

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:40

Filter images by category

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

I want to know how is the categories tree being sorted in the images filter "by Category" (i.e. Content>Images>Filter by Categories)?
Please refer to attached image, the tree is not sorted by the category title, also it is not sorted by the creation date, can you tell what is the field used to order these categories in the tree? and is there a way to sort this tree by certain field (the category title for example)?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Amrelsayed,

There is no specific order. Here are the parameters passed to the service

filter TaxonId.Category==5b22e53c-a336-4a65-a58a-084b016ee65f
itemType Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image
managerType
provider
providerName
skip 0
sortExpression Ordinal ASC
take 50

and there is the service request

Sitefinity/Services/Content/ImageService.svc/?managerType=&providerName=&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image&provider=&sortExpression=Ordinal%20ASC&skip=0&take=50&filter=TaxonId.Category==5b22e53c-a336-4a65-a58a-084b016ee65f

The sorting is by Ordinal number - position of the item in the data storage.

There is a configuration section that allows you to change the filter(Sitefinity/Administration/Settings/Advanced and then Libraries >> Controls >> Views >> ImagesBackendList) , but I tested it and it turns out that it does not work properly. I logged a bug about this issue.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed