Searching Generic Content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:03

Searching Generic Content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

Maybe I am missing something but I can't seem to find any documentation on how to get search and indexing to actually index the contents of my generic content.  I have turned on indexing for Static HTML however this seems to only be indexing my page titles.  Can someone point me in the right direction on where to get the indexing service to index my generic content?  Also does anyone know if there is some sitefinity 4 documentation on setting up indexing of a custom module?

I am using 4.1 SP2.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Kris,

Static HTML should index the entire page content. Please upgrade the project to SP3. We had the issue you  describing in older releases.
When you set the scope of the index there is option "Content Items" which is supposed to index the content items from Generic Content module. Currently there is an issue with Content Items scope - we left a reference to Content list and this will be fixed for Q2 release.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Marvellous!

I've just spent a week upgrading to 4.1 SP2 just to now find out to get search working i need to upgrade again! Nice Telerik - really nice!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Ivan,
I'm using 4.2 SP1 (4.2.1733.0) and am getting the same issues.  None of the generic content is being indexed as part of the pages even though 'Static HTML in pages' and News items are the only items ticked.  Can you advise?

Hi,

Check the log files in App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs after you index the website and after you try to search for page content.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,
There's definitely loads of errors happening when I reindex - there's too many entries to post, but here's a couple examples:

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 26/01/2012 12:34:46

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 6b63aa86-071b-40e0-8a11-0d06597f0fad
An exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' occurred and was caught.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/26/2012 12:34:46
Type : System.Web.HttpUnhandledException, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
Source : System.Web
Help link :
WebEventCode : 0
ErrorCode : -2147467259
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)
Stack Trace :    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.sfres_telerik_sitefinity_resources_sitefinitydefault_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\027c3839\35a3a910\App_Web_telerik.sitefinity.resources.sitefinitydefault.aspx.f785aa1a.olouv8tk.0.cs:line 0
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.ResourceCombining.InMemoryPageRender.RenderPage(PageNode pageNode)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.Pipes.PageInboundPipe.SetWrapperObjectProperties(WrapperObject wrapperObject, PageNode node)

Additional Info:

MachineName : RAMBWINHOST
TimeStamp : 26/01/2012 12:34:46
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=4.2.1733.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/10/ROOT-2-129720535752599844
ThreadIdentity : Justin
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\www.mysite.co.uk
    Inner Exception
    ---------------
    Type : System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Parameter name: context.User
    Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
    Help link :
    ParamName : context.User
    TargetSite : Boolean IsAccessibleToUser(System.Web.HttpContext, System.Web.SiteMapNode)
    Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node)
       at Bytanium.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Widgets.Navigation.Breadcrumbs.IsNodeAccessible(SiteMapNode siteMapNode)
       at Bytanium.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Widgets.Navigation.Breadcrumbs.InitializeBreadcrumbTrailControl()
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 9010

Severity: Warning

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: RAMBWINHOST

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/10/ROOT-2-129720535752599844

ProcessId: 3008

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name:

Win32 ThreadId:1652

Extended Properties:

Timestamp: 26/01/2012 12:34:44

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 3ec58630-77df-4efc-b2de-348f7c97cf80
An exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' occurred and was caught.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/26/2012 12:34:44
Type : System.Web.HttpUnhandledException, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
Source : System.Web
Help link :
WebEventCode : 0
ErrorCode : -2147467259
TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)
Stack Trace :    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.sfres_telerik_sitefinity_resources_sitefinitydefault_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\027c3839\35a3a910\App_Web_telerik.sitefinity.resources.sitefinitydefault.aspx.f785aa1a.olouv8tk.0.cs:line 0
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.ResourceCombining.InMemoryPageRender.RenderPage(PageNode pageNode)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Publishing.Pipes.PageInboundPipe.SetWrapperObjectProperties(WrapperObject wrapperObject, PageNode node)

Additional Info:

MachineName : RAMBWINHOST
TimeStamp : 26/01/2012 12:34:44
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=4.2.1733.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/10/ROOT-2-129720535752599844
ThreadIdentity : Justin
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\www.mysite.co.uk
    Inner Exception
    ---------------
    Type : System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Parameter name: context.User
    Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
    Help link :
    ParamName : context.User
    TargetSite : Boolean IsAccessibleToUser(System.Web.HttpContext, System.Web.SiteMapNode)
    Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node)
       at Bytanium.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Widgets.Navigation.Breadcrumbs.IsNodeAccessible(SiteMapNode siteMapNode)
       at Bytanium.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Widgets.Navigation.Breadcrumbs.InitializeBreadcrumbTrailControl()
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 9010

Severity: Warning

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: RAMBWINHOST

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/10/ROOT-2-129720535752599844

ProcessId: 3008

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name:

Win32 ThreadId:1652

Extended Properties:

Is there something I've not configured?
Thanks,

Hi,

You have a custom navigation widget on your pages or template that causes the issue

Bytanium.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Widgets.Navigation.Breadcrumbs.InitializeBreadcrumbTrailControl()

Try to remove it temporarily and trigger the search then see if there will be a result, so we will be sure that the problem is from this control. You can also paste its code here or InitializeBreadcrumbTrailControl method.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Ivan,

same problem here with this widget. Removing the widget indeed fixes the problem. Is there a workaround so I can still use this widget? Or should I create my own breadcrumbs?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

PS: I tried to create a response on the breadcrumbs widget page with the same question, but I get a server error after submitting the question

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

I am not familiar with the widget from the marketplace. You can contact the owner of the control to fix it, because there is issue with it. Another option is to escape the logic inside its Initialize method with the code below

if(!page.Items["IsInIndexMode"])

Which will not execute the the widget code during indexing.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

-- removed --

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello, we're the developers of this widget. We will now test it on this scenario and release a hotfix for you. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Nelson,

that would be very nice! Any idea about the estimated time?

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Peter,

We still haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our end. Do you know if this problem exist in SF 4.4? or it's just in older versions?

Nelson

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Nelson,

nope, I'm working with version 4.4. Some extra info, I have generic content as well as shared content. The shared content is found, the custom (generic) content on the different pages not. 

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Peter,

The package was updated on the marketplace (SF 4.4 version only). Please, let me know if the problem is now gone.

Regards,
Nelson

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Nelson,

I tried immediately after your post and the problem seems to be gone. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Peter

This thread is closed