Change login error message

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:53

Change login error message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

Currently, if login information is incorrect, we get the following error message - "Incorrect Username/Password Combination".
How can I change this error message?

I tried looking into the edit mode of the Login widget, but I couldn't find this message.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Dinesh,

Go to Sitefinity/Administration/Labels and look for IncorrectUsernamePassword. Then change the value of the label.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Ivan,

I remember mentioning this before but the issue is still there. I correct all my messages and labels for teh Login screen and for some fields in the News Module in my development environment. As soon as I publish the project to the production, all the labels and messages turn back to their defaults. What is happening? I have to keep going through all the labels that I have changed and re-adjust them again after publishing the site.

Very frustrating,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

Check if you move all files and folders from App_Data folder to your production. There we generate resource files. I suppose they are missing on the production and in this case the settings are reset to default.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Oh, OK. I expected those to be in the database. Anyway, that was the cause so once I copied the Sitefinity folder across, the labels returned. I wonder why that folder is not being published as well. It might not be included in the project. I will check. Many thanks again for your help.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2016 00:00

Hi Dimitri,

How can I display a message when the user is locked out on sitefinity admin login, or max login has been reached? Thanks.

Hong

This thread is closed