Very noob questions....I think
1. What is the best way to organize documents by alpha of title in a download list? A lot of our information needs to be displayed in that manner.
2. How would I go about created a vertical menu with one-level flyout as seen at left on www.fortbendisd.com? Can this be done using the built-in navigation control? I would really rather not build something if I don't have to, as I would have to do if for about 50+ different nodes.
3. In the events module, how can you tell when an event is over without opening it and looking at the endDate? We have many events that will be repeated, such as Board Meetings, and will want to periodically go into the site and delete the events that have already happened. Currently there is no way to discern which Board Meeting has happened in the past.
1. You can choose from the Download List widget's "Sort documents and files" dropdown to sort as set in Advanced mode, and then go to Advanced settings for the widget -> ControlDefinition->Views and set SortExpression for the desired view. I have attached a sample screenshot demonstrating the location of that setting for List view of the widget.
2. Please try this sample solution:
Create a new Web User Control (e.g. TwoLevel.ascx) in a folder /MyControls in the root of your Sitefinity project. Open TwoLevel.ascx and paste the following line of code in it:
I am trying to wait until I upgrade to 4.2 to do some of these changes, but it seems that our IT dept wants me to wait to do that a little while.
On #2 there does not seem to be a screenshot. The attached one is for the download control. (Which worked perfectly, thank you!)
I apologize, it seems that I have forgotten to attach it. You can find the screenshot attached to this reply. If there's anything else you'd like to know, please do not hesitate to ask.
the Telerik team