Very noob questions....I think

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:23

Very noob questions....I think

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

1. What is the best way to organize documents by alpha of title in a download list?  A lot of our information needs to be displayed in that manner.

2. How would I go about created a vertical menu with one-level flyout as seen at left on www.fortbendisd.com?  Can this be done using the built-in navigation control?  I would really rather not build something if I don't have to, as I would have to do if for about 50+ different nodes.

3. In the events module, how can you tell when an event is over without opening it and looking at the endDate?  We have many events that will be repeated, such as Board Meetings, and will want to periodically go into the site and delete the events that have already happened.  Currently there is no way to discern which Board Meeting has happened in the past.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Anthony,

1. You can choose from the Download List widget's "Sort documents and files" dropdown to sort as set in Advanced mode, and then go to Advanced settings for the widget -> ControlDefinition->Views and set SortExpression for the desired view. I have attached a sample screenshot demonstrating the location of that setting for List view of the widget.

2. Please try this sample solution:
Create a new Web User Control (e.g. TwoLevel.ascx) in a folder /MyControls in the root of your Sitefinity project. Open TwoLevel.ascx and paste the following line of code in it:

Copy Code
<telerik:RadMenu runat="server" ID="RadTwoLevel" Flow="Vertical"></telerik:RadMenu>
Build the solution, and in Sitefinity drag a Navigation control on your page. Click on the Edit button of the control and set the custom template to ~/MyControls/TwoLevel.ascx (refer to the attached screenshot for more info). This should work once you publish the page.

3. What I'd suggest you is to schedule Publish/Unpublish functionality for the events (if they are recurring events, then you can set the Unpublish date for the last occurrence of the event) This way you'll have all the events that are over appear as unpublished. If the functionality you want differs from the above, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

I am trying to wait until I upgrade to 4.2 to do some of these changes, but it seems that our IT dept wants me to wait to do that a little while.

On #2 there does not seem to be a screenshot.  The attached one is for the download control. (Which worked perfectly, thank you!)

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

I apologize, it seems that I have forgotten to attach it. You can find the screenshot attached to this reply. If there's anything else you'd like to know, please do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed