Workflow

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:33

Workflow

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

My problem is about "publishing" .
In my case i create a workflow that an Editor can publish Blog Posts, but when the want create a post he has to send to himself to be approved. That not make sense.

How i can resolve this problem?

Hello Rafael,

There isn't a feature in Sitefinity to allow skipping workflow for other users except for administrators yet. The only way for your editors to be able to skip the workflow and directly publish the items they have created is to make them administrators. If you have security concerns, you don't have to worry, as after you give a user the role of an administrator (only to be able to skip the workflow), you can uncheck any of the permissions that you don't want the specific user to have.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Doesn't work for me! 
Thx anyway

Hello Rafael,

Thank you for the comment. I am sorry that this does not work for you.
Could ypu please elaborate on this a bit more? What is your scenario and what exactly do you expect as an option?

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I created a workflow where editor is the only one that can publish the post (obviusly admin too), ok!
But when i try to create a post as editor i can publish directly i need to "send to approval" to myself and then aprrove MY post.

make sense? you understand now?

regards.

Hello Rafael,

Thank you for this clarification. I wanted to check whether I am missing something.

There were a lot of discussions in the past about how the workflow should work and who should be able to skip it. There are some cases in which even if you are the approver going through all the steps of the workflow is important. I understand that not all the cases are like this so we should definitely think of a solution with our UX team.

I have logged your request in PITS where you can vote and raise its priority. The item ID is 7339

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

no pints for me???

Hi Rafael,

Your Telerik points are now updated.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed