Upgrade to 4.2 from 4.1 SP1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:51

Upgrade to 4.2 from 4.1 SP1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

I assume if I'm running 4.1 SP1, I should upgrade to SP2 or SP3 and then to 4.2? Based on the release notes, it doesn't look like you can do a SP1 direct upgrade.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Sitefinity 4.1 to Sitefinity 4.2 should work okay.  It's a scenario we tested.  There is no need to upgrade through the service packs.

Regarding Sitefinity 4.0, we recommend upgrading to 4.1 before proceeding to 4.2.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2011 00:00

Hey all,
I have same problem for switching from SF 4.1 to SF4.2.

Actually in our solution there are a few modules which are in separated projects, so for converting the project to the new version I've done following steps:

1- I've upgrated the project by Sitefinity project manager.
2- I've changed the references to new version dlls for modules projects.
3- I fixed .csproj files of module projects:
   3.1: OpenAccess_Enhancing="True"
   3.2: <Import Condition="Exists('$(OpenAccessPath)\OpenAccess.targets')" Project="$(OpenAccessPath)\OpenAccess.targets" />

but now I have following errors:
1. When I'm trying to load the project website, it gets lots of performance and after a while says:

Application id class 'Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.OID.GuidIdentity' must have field: 'public System.Guid Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content.contentId'

and sometimes

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value) +93
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Add(T item) +74
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageHelper.GetTemplates(PageNode pageNode) +91
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode.LoadPageData() +971
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode.get_Visible() +16
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHelper.CheckSiteMapNode(SiteMapNode pageSiteMapNode) +468
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.InitializeSiteMapDataSource() +873
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +104
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +82
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4201

and in Modules pages in backend I can see my entities but when I'm trying to update or add a new one it throw errors!
Its pretty Urgent right now, and any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Majid!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Majid,

Sitefinity doesn`t migrate modules when sitefinity project is upgraded to a higher version. Can you open a support ticket and send me the module before you upgraded it (as it was working in previous version). I will try to add it to Sitefinity 4.2 project at my end.

Additionally I presume you have Sitefinity 4.2 SDK installed(with the new version of OpenAccess). It is needed for module enhancing because enhancer.exe is located in

Copy Code
<PropertyGroup>
    <OpenAccessPath>$(SolutionDir)..\..\..\..\..\Common\Dependencies\</OpenAccessPath>
If you don`t have this installed please install it as it will enhance the module. For proper configuration of .csproj file please refer to productsmodule .csproj for Sitefinity 4.2.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed