Stupid CACHE!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:35

Stupid CACHE!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

This is really getting annoying.

I have about 50 templates.  One for each department.  Each of those is based off of a .net master page I uploaded that contains a header, nav, body and footer divs.  To these I would add some layout controls and navigation and so forth.  

When I go in and edit the root master page, sometimes the change will push down to all 300+ pages, but sometimes it does not, and I have to open each page in the editor to get the change to the root master to appear on the published pages.  Its weird because I do not have to do anything to the page, or even publish it.  Just opening it in editing mode seems to be enough to update the cache.  Sometimes I only have to do it to a couple of pages, other times just about every page in the site has to be done this way.  It is not even template specific as pages that share a template may or may not have the change included.

I noticed that initially after moving to SP3, republishing all pages it seems to make the next couple of changes push out to all pages, but now it is back to about 50/50.

What the heck is going on?  This is very annoying.  I have even tried recycleing the AppPool and restarting IIS to see if that helps.  Nothing.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

I can confirm this bug, it has happened to me too. With 4.1 SP3.

Hi,

I was testing with Sitefinity 4.2 Release and I was not able to replicate the issue when I use Sitefinity's UI. I attached a short video.

I also tried using a web site  and the changes directly reflect to the page.

Could you tell me whether you make changes directly into the master file and you use web application or website? When you use web application and you modify the master file you need to recompile it which will updated the SitefinityWebApp.dll in the bin folder.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

It was happening when editing the base template (the one that is essentially my .net MasterPage imported into Sitefinity), or any of the templates based off of it.

I have only edited this file through the Sitefinity UI.  It basically only sets the background and give me 4 rows across the page for me to start dropping SF layout controls into, so I really should not ever need to change it manually in VS.

It is weird because this happens intermittently.  Sometimes the changes will push to all child templates and pages, other times only about half.

Anthony

Hello Anthony,

Ok, thanks for your reply. Our QAs will test the cases when you edit a template and when you use a nested template and update you with their findings.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed