Removing Ecommerce from 4.2

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:48

Removing Ecommerce from 4.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Is there an option to remove the ECommerce menu from Sitefinity 4.2? I do not want clients to think it is part of the standard license. It should only be an available option if the license supports it or maybe a trial license. 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

+1, I wouldn't want it there either...

Goto   Administration ->  Backend Pages  
Then in the pull down "Action"  for the eCommerce page,  un-select "Show in Navigation".   Hit refresh and it should be gone.
regards.
Stevo

I know I can remove it that way, but this is an extra step that I have to go through with each install.

Thanks Stevo!

Hello John,

The other option is after creating the project and before initializing it, add one of the following SystemConfig.config in the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<systemConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type">
    <applicationModules>
        <add name="Catalog" startupType="Disabled" />
        <add name="Orders" startupType="Disabled" />
        <add name="Shipping" startupType="Disabled" />
    </applicationModules>
</systemConfig>

or:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<systemConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type">
    <applicationModules>
        <remove name="Catalog" />
        <remove name="Orders" />
        <remove name="Shipping" />
    </applicationModules>
</systemConfig>

This will prevent installing the Ecommerce modules.

Also you could add the SystemConfig.config in the _EmptyProject located in the Sitefinity.exe folder. This is a template for creating new sites. It is a temporary for the current version of Sitefinity and is replaced after each Sitefinity Project Manager upgrade.

Greetings,
Vlad
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

I installed 4.2 earlier today. Does that mean the Ecommerce module got installed for me, adding unneeded extra clutter? I have troubles understanding why the Ecommerce module isn't opt in. I would guess that most users here do NOT need it, so it'd make sense to disable it by default.

The same goes for many other modules. I mean, I just started a simple project, and I currently need 54 project references. I don't need many of them (Analytics, Facebook, Twitter...), but if the concerned assemblies aren't included, this results in blocking exceptions. With each Sitefinity upgrade, the reference list keeps growing.

End of rant.

By the way, could the config change you suggested improve performances in any way, if the pages have already been hidden following what Stevo said?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas,

Please check the following page:
http://www.sitefinity.com/purchase/license-comparison.aspx

The Ecommerce functionality is enabled or disabled depending on your license type. Even if you do not hava license for the Ecommerce, the functionality is still in the assemblies we distribute, but it is locked. It gets automatically unlocked if you upgrade to a license which allows it.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed