Anyone using SitefinitySitemapDatasource yet?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:24

Anyone using SitefinitySitemapDatasource yet?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Anyone having any luck using SitefinitySitemapDatasource? Apparently asp:SiteMapDataSource can no longer be used as 4.2 has introduced breaking changes that make it unreliable (i.e. PageGroups are hidden from navigation even though backend ui has them marked to show in navigation). 

I've tried to include it in my custom navigation control using:
<sitefinity:SitefinitySitemapDatasource  (using case they supply) and <sitefinity:SitefinitySiteMapDataSource (using standard asp.net case) as well as trying <telerik: for the same above and all fail when trying to bulid, SitefinitySiteMapDataSource doesn't exist.

If anyone has got this working on can point me to documentation on it, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Phill

Hello Phill,

Please make sure that you have the declaration below in your template

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls" TagPrefix="sfMap" %>

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Thanks, that did the trick but I'm still experiencing the same problem I had with asp:SiteMapDataSource, my Page Group menu items are hidden even though the backed UI has them checked off to display in navigation. 

Definitely a bug here. My only work around is to hard code e.Item.Visible = true in ItemDataBound but this then makes the backed UI useless.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Phill,

This could happen if you don't have at least one child page under your group page. I attached a short video that illustrates this.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I have all kinds of pages under the group page. This was working before using SiteMapDataSource so it's a new bug introduced for sure.

Regards,
Phill

Hello Phill,

I don't see why this would not work, since the video clearly shows how the menu item is correctly rendered. Can you try with this code

<telerik:RadMenu runat="server" ID="RadMenu1" DataSourceID="SitefinitySiteMapDataSource1"></telerik:RadMenu>
<sfMap:SitefinitySiteMapDataSource runat="server" ID="SitefinitySiteMapDataSource1" ShowStartingNode="false" />

If the problem persists the problem seems to be related to the upgrade you performed. If you add the same logic as mine to another application do you get the same issues?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed