Classification

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:08

Classification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

My question is so easy but i cannot fix the problem.

I just create a Classification and i want add all the pages that i have in my site into this classification, it's possible?

Regards.

Rafael Monaco

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Rafael,

It is possible only programmatically.

App.WorkWith().DynamicData().Type(typeof(PageData)).Field().TryCreateNew("mycustomfield", null).SaveChanges();

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ok, i try with that and then tell you!
Now i have other problem, whent i create a list, and list item i go to set the custom field, and go into
Defualt Item>Status>Appereance
And choose the option "All screens where you work with list items in the Backend", then when i try to save the change show me an error, i attach the error.

Thanks and regards.

Ing. Rafael Monaco

Hello Rafael,

Enable service tracer tool and check the error from it. Something has gone wrong with the data - most probably with the database.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms732023.aspx

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I have a lot of Default items,  and 3 or 4 its types are UNKNOWN, i think that is the problem, because when i try to set those field show up the same error!

I attach to you can see!

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Rafael,

This is not the problem, please check the service log. By default the type of the fields you are showing is "Unknown". You can check this using a new installation of Sitefinity 4.2.

There is some issue with ModuleEditor Service that is used when you click on custom field section. The service gets all fields - default and custom one and bind them to the  FieldsGrid control you see.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed