Template builder. Why not...

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:18

Template builder. Why not...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

... build this in Sitefinity?

Finally something that looks really cool and is user friendly. Why isn't this inside Sitefinity?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We are happy that you like the Template builder. It is a common practice for us to release Sitefinity add-ons and after some exploit/testing and user feedback decide whether to make them built-in or not (this was the case with the E-Commerce module). The Template builder is a new feature and after getting enough feedback on it, we may decide to include it in one of our future builds.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I think it's a great idea to introduce it separately. Just think of the new bugs that would be introduced to SF if it were integrated right from the start. The SF team has their hands full with the bugs in SF 4.2, the last thing they need is a template builder complicating things. They need to remain focused on making SF 4 more stable and usable. 

Just my 2 cents, no need to rush into integrating it, take your time and put priority on fixing bugs in existing features.

Cheers,
Phill

It is just the look and feel of how you can add paragraphs, images etc. to you page. This way of presentation is just very nice and feels robust and lightweighted.

I've seen this interface in the coming TYPO3 CMS and that is very neat. I believe they are using the Aloha editor for these things (http://www.aloha-editor.org/ )

Anyway, would be nice to have a simple and advanced option for edition pages like this...
Or maybe it is an idea to implement this for the front-end editing?

Regards,
Daneil

Great job! Really cool and nice. I'm going to test it on several corporate projects. Sitefinity rocks again.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Just a quick question.

Will the templates designed in the Template Builder work in 3.7 after being exported?
Theoretically it is just creating CSS layouts right?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Bleutiger,

Well, theoretically you will be able to reuse the master page and the CSS files, but not the XML file with the content. You won't be able to use the template importer, you can just import these two files manually but I'm not sure how well that would fit.

Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

It’s a great idea to build template builder into Sitefinity. One more way SF development can be made easier.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Yahya,

This is now on our roadmap and you will probably see the Template Builder as a built-in feature somewhere in Sitefinity 4.4

Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Can someone explain why the layout width only provides three options ?
900, 1200, 100% ???

What if I need to make one 1142pix? 847pix, 1098pix? or 500pix?

I really would like to give this to my front end guys - put we need a little more control.

Also we have found that the template builder does not always display images you upload.

Any thoughts from the Telerik team?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Squid,

The builder is designed this way because either way the generation of CSS would be extremely hard. The template builder is meant to be a helper tool, so you can build your template more easily and fast.You can specify any further changes you want to the CSS, once it is generated by the builder.
Considering the images that are not displayed - this seems like a bug. Can you send us some steps for recreating it? Does it appear random or is there a pattern?

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed