Using Sitefintiy Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:59

Using Sitefintiy Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Is there any documentation or outline for how to apply a CSS theme to an existing Sitefinity template?

In the past my company has created their own HTML templates based on CSS and then converted them for Sitefinity.  Any detail about how to integrate CSS to a pre-made Sitefinity template would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Stephanie,

Please take a look at the Themes section from our online Documentation, I believe you will find it useful. With Sitefinity, you can create several themes and register them. Later, when you are creating/editing a template you have the option of specifying which theme to apply to that particular template. If this is not the exact functionality you were looking for, please do not hesitate to let us know, we'll be glad to advise you further.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,

I guess my more specific question is what are the major differences in using themes with Sitefinity templates vs. using your own templates.

My company has always created our own templates and I'm looking to gain further knowledge on applying themes to pre-made templates.  For example do you simply give the theme a background and then drag in content areas?  How do you style them?  How do you place them exactly where they need to be?  Etc.

I completely understand if this is more information than a forum dictates.  If so, could you point me in a good direction as to where I can get some instruction on this matter?  Thanks so much.

Stephanie

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Stephanie,

In applying the theme itself, there are virtually no differences, since you are importing the custom template (masterpage) in Sitefinity as a Sitefinity template and then you are able to select which of the registered frontend themes will be applied to that template. If you prefer, you can still style your custom masterpage separately, and then just include the CSS rules in the theme that will be applied to the template.
Concerning built-in templates, you have some options of organizing the layout on the template (in terms of column width, size, number). Then you can apply additional CSS to fine-tune the looks, as with any other template. I believe our newly introduced Sitefinity Template Builder will be of interest to you, please check it out and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed