Module template missing in Visual Studio

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:48

Module template missing in Visual Studio

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi There,

I've upgraded to 4.2 SDK and the module template is missing in Visual Studio. I've checked the Sitefinity 4.2 directory and can't find any extensions for Visual Studio. Has this been removed?

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Jean,

Unfortunately we had problems with the Visual Studio templates in version 4.2 and that's why we decided to exclude them from the SDK. We will do our best to fix it for the Service Pack.

Please accept my apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi there, we are running into the same issue.

The worse thing is the preparation and training videos use the Visual Studio template. 
There is a "creating custom modules" video without the template or Is there a planned release date for the fix ?

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Ronny and Jean,

Thank you for contacting us.

The visual studio template for creating a sample module is currently discontinued as we are preparing a slightly different strategy for creating your custom modules. At this point we can provide you with a few custom modules as part of the Software Development Kit. You can take a look at the Products module which is an advanced heavily customized Sitefinity module. Furthermore you can follow Josh Morales' blog post series on how to create a Sitefinity based content module that is similar to what you were able to achieve using the template. However most of the feedback we had about the template is that it just outputs a few classes and configurations in which it is hard to learn or understand what is going on without having a robust step by step guide.

In our roadmap we have announced a new module builder tool that allows users to create new modules (and hence content types) through user interface, inheriting core CMS features such as workflow, permissions, etc. on demand.

Thank you for your understanding and please let me know if you need further information.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed