RadEdito changes - post deleted

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:13

RadEdito changes - post deleted

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

I was just discussing how to change the default configuration of the HtmlEditor - however and strangely that post has been deleted? What gives?

Steve was kind enough to give me a pointer : http://www.sitefinitysteve.com/articles/how-to#ef5254bc-a0e6-4314-afd5-1220db835b61

However, I'm having one last issue.

I wanted to add a custom css class to the ApplyCass tool. So I added the following to the Toolsfile.xml:

<classes>
    <class name="Clear Class" value="" />
    <class name="Heading 3 Highlight" value=".highlight" />
</classes>

This alone did not show the class in the dropdown. Upon further reading I found that you have to have the class physically in the document, so I mapped the HtmlField like so:

ControlsConfig.config:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<controlsConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="4.2.1650.0">
    <viewMap>
        <viewSettings layoutTemplatePath="~/lib/resources/templates/backend/HtmlField.ascx" hostType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HtmlField" />
    </viewMap>
</controlsConfig>

HtmlField.ascx:
<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Extenders" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:ConditionalTemplateContainer ID="conditionalTemplate" runat="server">
    <Templates>
        <sf:ConditionalTemplate ID="ConditionalTemplate1" Left="DisplayMode" Operator="Equal" Right="Read" runat="server">
            <sf:SitefinityLabel id="titleLabel_read" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="false" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" />
            <sf:SitefinityLabel id="viewControl" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="false" CssClass="sfRTFContent" />
        </sf:ConditionalTemplate>
        <sf:ConditionalTemplate ID="ConditionalTemplate2" Left="DisplayMode" Operator="Equal" Right="Write" runat="server">
            <sf:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks2" runat="server">
                <sf:EmbeddedResourcePropertySetter Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Default.Styles.EditorDialogs.css" Static="true" ControlID="editControl" ControlPropertyName="DialogsCssFile" />
                <sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Themes.Default.Styles.Window.css" Static="true" />
            </sf:ResourceLinks>
            <asp:Label ID="titleLabel_write" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" AssociatedControlID="editControl" />
            <asp:LinkButton ID="expandLink" runat="server" OnClientClick="return false;" CssClass="sfOptionalExpander" />
            <asp:Panel ID="expandableTarget" runat="server" CssClass="sfEditorWrp sfClearfix">
                <telerik:RadEditor
                    ID="editControl"
                    runat="server"
                    Skin="Sitefinity"
                    Width="100%"
                    Height="550px"
                    EnableResize="False"
                    EditModes="Design,HTML"
                    DialogHandlerUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd"
                    Content=""
                    NewLineBr="False"
                    StripFormattingOptions="Css,Font,Span" >
                    <FlashManager ViewPaths="~/Files" UploadPaths="~/Files" DeletePaths="~/Files" />
                </telerik:RadEditor>
                <sf:RadEditorCustomDialogsExtender runat="server" id="editorCustomDialogsExtender" TargetControlID="editControl"/>
                <sf:SitefinityLabel id="descriptionLabel" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfDescription" />
                <sf:SitefinityLabel id="exampleLabel" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfExample" />
            </asp:Panel>

<style type="text/css">
                .highlight

color: #005dab;
                    font-weight: bold;
                    font-size: 15px;

</style>

</sf:ConditionalTemplate>
    </Templates>       
</sf:ConditionalTemplateContainer>

Problem is - the class .highlight now appears twice in the dropdown, yet deleting either entry from either HtmlField.ascx or ToolsFile.xml prevents it showing at all!

Help!

Thanks
higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Higgsy,

I am not sure who and why your previous post was deleted. Please accept my apologies for this.

As per your questin -  could you please send me your .ascx control so I can inspect it and help you?

Thank you!

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Veronica,

thanks for your response.

My entire .ascx control is listed in my post. I have literally mapped the HtmlField to my user control, added a toolsfile which is referenced in StandardConfig and MinimalConfig.

Now when I open the content block designer I see the the Css Class ".highlight" in the list twice. In a way this makes sense because I have listed it in both the .ascx control and the tools file - however if I remove either one of these it doesnt appear at all in the list.

there is a secondary problem aswell. In the tools file I have set that I want the class to appear in the list with a name of "Heading 3 highlight" - but it does not. Both entries are simply listed as ".highlight".

Look forward to your response.

higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Higgsy,

Please accept my apolgies for the late reply.

I tried to reproduce the issue but to no avail. Could you please send me your entire project because in my opinion there is something more besides the files that you showed that makes the "highlight" css to be applied twice.

Meantime please take a look at this help article to check whether you are missing something in the ToolsFile.xml configuration.

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Veronica,

I have submitted a support ticket for the issue. #456892

Thanks
higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Higgsy,

We have replied to you in the support thread you have opened, please check our response there. For your convenience I'm pasting the reply here as well:
"Declaring the CSS classes inside a <style> block on the template might cause the behavior you have reported (duplicating the styles) as it might get duplicated in the stylesheet of the page where the HtmlFiled control is dropped.
 In that line of reasoning, I'd suggest you to use an external stylesheet and reference it in the editor."

Basically what you'd need is to create a stylesheet file:

a.link
    color: #0000ff;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: italic;
.img
    border: none;
.text
    background-color: Red;
    font-size: 10px;
.pinktext
    background-color:Purple;
    font-size: 12px;
And then reference it in the HtmlField codefile:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

this.editControl.CssFiles.Add("~/ControlTemplates/StyleSheet1.css");

In the toolsFile, you can just add the ApplyClass tool:
<tool name="ApplyClass" />
and if you want to customize the way your custom CSS classes are listed in the dropdown, you can achieve this by adding a <classes> section in the toolsfile as well:
</tools>
    <classes>
        <class name="Clear Class" value="" />
        <class name="Links Class" value="a.link" />
        <class name="Images Class" value=".img" />
        <class name="My Red Text" value=".text" />
        <class name="My Pink Text" value=".pinktext" />
    </classes>
</root>

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed