Request Community Edition License?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:53

Request Community Edition License?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

I've built a web site using the Free Trial of Sitefinity 4.2 and now I'd like to switch it over to an active web site with a Community Edition license.  How can I download a license.  Do I need to request one?  The community edition banner is showing on the web site but I also randomly get the Sitefinity 4.2 Trial message.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Matt,

Thanks for contacting us!

Our Community edition does not require license. You can activate it  from your Project Manager by going to "Create New Project" then upload your credentials ( Email and Password) and choose "Community edition".
Please, bear in mind that some of the features that are available in the Standard edition are not included in the Community edition and once you migrate your project they will not be available. Further if you have used them in your project ( for example if you have built a Form using the Form builder) using the Standard edition trial  this content will not be migrated to the Community edition.

I hope this information is helpful and please, let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
Anna Todorova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

I am trying to activate a Community Edition but it is not possible to select the email credentials, only the license. What gives? It's a fresh install.

Edit: Ok, I have tried a Standard Edition that expired, it could then be set as a Community Edition. Still a bit puzzling that it doesn't say so anywhere that I could find, and in the answer above.

Edit 2... Ok now that I tried it, I could select the mail input. :)

This thread is closed