Firefox 6 and Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:36

Firefox 6 and Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

I am assuming that this has something to do with Firefox 6.  I just upgraded it today and this is the first time I have seen it.  I was having problems with a page updating so I deleted it and was going to recreate it.

When I tried to see the revision history the site went into a refresh loop.  I was able to click on the Dashboard link and stop the loop.  When I tried to click on "add a page" or "page properties" I got the same thing.  A video is attached of what I experienced.  Edit: Nevermind.  The forum will not let me upload a video.

I was able to log in with Internet Explorer and everything worked fine. 

I am using 4.1 SP3, Server 2008, SQL 2005.  My local computer is Windows 7 64bit.

Anyone else experience this?  I know Firefox is not "officially" supported for Sitefinity...

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

I just experienced this today with FF6. When I click on page permissions, the client side gets stuck in a AJAX loop and I can't do anything. Went back to Chrome and worked fine. Strange.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Same experience here.  Clicking on ANY content item, settings, basically any menu item, causes the endless loop,

Yep ditto for me, I thought I had stuffed something in my custom module... glad to hear it isn't just me, damn firefox..

Hello guys,

We'll fix the issue and will introduce the FF6 support with the first service pack that we release for Sitefinity 4.2. Firefox 5 is working fine though. We'll announce the date for the service pack soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Has the FF6 issue been resolved?  I did download the hotfix for 4.2, but I still am experiencing a refresh loop when attempting to do things with content in the backend portal.  Anyone else still experiencing this?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Christine,

Yes, it has been resolved. We have released a hotfix for this issue. You can download it from Client.Net account, section downloads, under the Project Manager and the Installer. More information can be found here - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-4-2-hotfix-1.aspx

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Thanks for the response.  I tracked down my issue to not installing the hotfix appropriately (didn't apply it to other projects that use those Sitefinity dlls and that my project references). I have corrected that and it seems to be working now. Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Christine,

We are glad that everything is fine. Let us know if we can do anything else for you. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed