4.2 Upgrade Results in Infinite Loop on many pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:22

4.2 Upgrade Results in Infinite Loop on many pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage at http://sourcelink/resources has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just upgraded on of my projects to 4.2. This project has been upgraded to every major release (4.0, 4.1, 4.1 SP1, 4.1 SP2, 4.1 SP3 and now 4.2). I have not had this problem until the latest upgrade. The infinite loop is happening on many pages throughout this site. I cannot find any reason why it's happening on some pages and not others.

I do not have any dashes or dots in my project name or database. Help!!

Hi

I had this issue when the page was set to have multiple urls but didn't have multiple urls entered ... which was my mistake but resulted in the issue you are having... might not be the same but worth a try...

Regards

Daryl

Thanks Daryl. I checked and I did have multiple URLs turned on, but I did have multiple URLs entered. Once I turned off the feature, the page worked again.

Telerik, is this feature broken in 4.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

Telerik? Any help on this? I have 25 sites running on 4.2 now and any of them that use multiple urls cause an infinite loop crash in IE.

I think this might be related to my empty screens and page flickerings problem as well. I'll track your post too since nobody reply mine yet. http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/upload-documents-link-screen-becomes-empty.aspx

Hi May,

What browser do you use to load the pages? Is it Firefox 6.0?

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This is happening in all browsers and the infinite loop is causing IE to crash. Chrome and Firefox detect the loop and kill the page request.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

I've tested with IE, FF 6, Chrome and all failing as Mark's mentioned.

I just upgraded another site to 4.2 and all the pages are working except for one page; I can't view that page in the front-end as well as in admin > pages. It's a very simple static content page and don't understand why it gets the problem. I'm getting this on FF.

The page isn't redirecting properly         
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Any solution for this please?

Hi all,

I created a simple web mostly for testing v4, and performed an upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 when I got this redirect loop trying to edit list items or templates (but not pages).

Yes, it was Firefox 6.0, seems to work ok in IE 9.0.2.
Anybody, please make a post when SF4 once again works with the latest FF. (although we would not start using SF4 for anything critical in a long time)
Thanks!

@all

Sorry wasn't the hotfix for 4.2 supposed to take care of the FF 6.0 problems.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-4-2-hotfix-1.aspx

Your Account
Download and manage your products
Download installer and other resources
Browse all product files (to the right of big green button)
Sitefinity 4.2 hotfix 1

Regards Markus

Thanks Markus, the hotfix took care of things. I had not noticed that one.

This is another opportunity to ask/remind Telerik to add nice individual RSS feeds for updates of all their products, Sitefinity too. (yes, we have almost everything from Telerik, and most products have an RSS tag at the release notes page, feeding all releases and fixes)

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Olav,

Thank you for the suggestion Olav we will make sure we use better way of anouncing new additions to releases. Currently the hotfix was announced in the general discussions forum with sticky thread. You can subscribe to receive feed from this forum because all announcements are made available there.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Mark,

Did the hotfix fix your problem?
I have just upgraded my application from 4.1 to 4.2 and having the same problem with the infinite loop.
Also, after applying the hotfix, the problem still exists in both FF (6.x) and IE.

@Telerik: any updates on this issue?

Regards,
Ferdi

@Ferdi

Did you check if the pages redirecting indefinetly have extra URL added.
Title and properties. And if they do, does removing them help ?

Markus

Thanks for your reply Markus.

Yes, removing them helps.
But I was wondering whether there is a better solution, because I want to keep my multiple urls.
Or will this be fixed in 4.2 SP1?

@Ferdi

This behavoir was introduced in 4.2 and yes I sure hope that Telerik will fix this bug in the upcomming SP.

Because if you drag a page from one place to another the extra URL get added automatically (at least what it does in my project). This results in the error you mentioned.

So at the moment if any of my clients drag a page to another place and back - the page will get into the loop.

I for one do not call this a behavoir but a major bug. So I expect it to be fixed in 4.2 SP1. Every thing else would make me really wonder.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Ferdi,

You can preserve multiple url`s that are different from the page url. If your page url is  "Test", remove additional url ~/Test and add other.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed