Export images

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:33

Export images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 and then to 4.2. Unfortunately Sitefinity didnt do a very good job of the upgrade and I am left in the situation where I have had to create a new project, copy my code base and settings, and now re-enter all of the content for the 50 odd pages. The pages arent too much trouble, but there are hundreds of images which I really don't fancy saving and re-entering one at a time.

Is there any way of exporting / transferring the images from one database to another?

thanks in advance
higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Higgsy,

I don't think there is an easy way to export/import all the images. You would have to write some custom code that exports the images from the database and saves them on the disk and then to read them back and insert them to the other database. Sitefinity doesn't have such functionality out of the box.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2015 00:00

We are moving to sitefinity 8.0 from 6.0. We need to export the images and documents and video from the older version to the new version 8.0. Is there any option to export all the docs and images from old live website ? 

334 posts
05 Aug 2010
19 AUG 2011
LINK TO THIS POST
Hi,

I have recently upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 and then to 4.2. Unfortunately Sitefinity didnt do a very good job of the upgrade and I am left in the situation where I have had to create a new project, copy my code base and settings, and now re-enter all of the content for the 50 odd pages. The pages arent too much trouble, but there are hundreds of images which I really don't fancy saving and re-entering one at a time.

Is there any way of exporting / transferring the images from one database to another?
334 posts
05 Aug 2010
19 AUG 2011
LINK TO THIS POST
Hi,

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2015 00:00

Hello Anju,

In case you are upgrading your project the data would be available also in the upgraded project.

In case you need to migrate the data between two separate projects, as mentioned above - you need to develop a custom implementation.

You can use the respective media content API:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-media-content

I hope this information helps..

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed