Upload documents link/screen becomes empty

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:32

Upload documents link/screen becomes empty

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi ,

I moved my site from dev server to staging and on the staging I cannot upload any documents due to the "Select documents or other files" upload link no longer available.
I did not change any configs. It's working on dev as well as my local connecting to staging db. Only on staging when trying to upload document, the screen is blank as shown in the attached img.

Did anyone comes across this issue before and any possible solution to fix it?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2011 00:00

I've upgraded the site from 4.1 SP3 to 4.2 just now and the problem still exists on the staging site but works on local connecting to stagingdb.

I'm also noticing that when browsing the admin sections, the page keeps looping or flickering and won't display at all. It happens sometimes and disappear the next.

Anybody encounter similar problem? I'm so confused here. :(

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello May,

The problem is most likely to be coming from from the fact that you do not have Silverlight installed. Please make sure you have Silverlight 4 set up on your machines.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Thanks Victor for the reply.
Are you saying we have to install Silverlight4 Tools on our servers?
Our development machines all have VS10 with Silverlight 4 SDK installed so all working for us. But it would be hard to install standalone silverlight on the servers as it always asking for VS10 and Visual Web Developer Express 2010 to install as well which I really don't want to do. See error message below:

Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Web Developer Express 2010 or Visual Phone Developer Express 2010 that matches the language version of Silverlight Tools 4 must be installed before installation of Silverlight Tools can continue.  Silverlight Tools is available in other languages at <A HREF="go.microsoft.com/.../.

The Visual Web Developer feature for Visual Studio 2010 must be installed before installation can continue.

Is there a way to fix this or must all the users' machine has to install Silverlight or on the servers?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi May,

You need to have Microsoft Silverlight  4.0 installed on your server in order to get Sitefinity working as expected. Users do not need to install Silverlight because the server machine on which Sitefinity is set needs to process different requests using the Silverlight tools.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

I don't think it has anything to do with installing silverlight on servers as I do not have any instance of silverlight installation on the dev server and it works just fine. I've installed this http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx on staging server and still does not work. 

I don't want to install silverlight tools on our servers as it requires VS10 and WebDevExpress10 installations as well. It's very unpractical to install all those programs on every single server that we deploy Sitefinity just to make the uploader works. And why is it working on dev server where there is no silverlight installation? (see attached img)

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi May,

I have answered you in the support ticket that was opened yesterday.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

What is the resolution to this?
Image upload was working for us yesterday and after an unrelated code update... it has stopped working.We are on Sitefinity 4.4.

thank you.

This thread is closed