Language vs Country localization

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:48

Language vs Country localization

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

hi
we are moving an old site to sitefinity, the old site has 11 languages. the problem i have that in the old site
there are 2 languages
that instead of language they used country

India is IN ( the country code)
Japan is JP ( the country code)

i tried getting countries instead
how can i create the new culture ? there is AP-JP for japans and
EN-IN for english india

I"m using the language bar and if i select a IN language how can i change it to INDIA ?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Udi,

Attached please find a screenshot that shows where you can click in order to show specific cultures when adding a new language.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

in the cultures i can't select for example
India as IN
only country+laguage code  INDIA-English and etc

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Udi,

The cultures displayed there are the ones taken from the .NET CultureInfo.GetCultures() method. I'm not sure why do not see this specific culture, but if it is not there this means that .NET doesn't have it.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed