Navigation widget - tree view problem

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:30

Navigation widget - tree view problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

I'm using the navigation widget in the left sidebar of my pages, and I'm using the tree view so I can show multiple levels.  Up to 3 levels actually.

My problem is that the widget only shows as everything expanded or nothing at all.  And when I drill down and click on a page, the page reloads and the whole thing collapses back up, forcing a user to drill down again to access a different page at that same level.

I'd like it to work the way tree view did in 3.7, so that when I go to a page on the website, that area is expanded in the left.  If I navigate to a different area of the site, that area collapses, and the new area stays expanded.

How can I achieve this in 4.2?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

And one more question.  Is there any way to make the Horizontal with drop down menus option and force it to be vertical?  I think you could do that in 3.7 as well.  There was an "orientation" parameter or something like that.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Orion,

I was able to reproduce the problem. There is already such logged bug in our bugtracking system. Meanwhile you could use this custom implementation of RadTreeView that remembers the expand/collapse state. You will have to register this control in the toolbox, also drop a SitemapDataSource, set its ShowStartingNode to false.

As for you other question - there is no such option for the NavigationControl yet.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi, I'm finally getting back to this, and I don't see anything attached for the custom implementation of RadTreeView.  Can you please attach the file or files you were referring to?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Orion,

I apologize for the missing file. I attached it this time.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Orion,

I think I asked about achieving the same thing in another thread.  I wanted a vertical pop-out menu.  Boyan showed me how to do it in this thread.

Thanks a lot Anthony!  I'll see if I can get that to work.

This thread is closed