Video Gallery Auto Play

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:55

Video Gallery Auto Play

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

When using the video gallery module, is it possible to have the videos auto play when they are selected?

I would like to use the lightbox option and when a video is selected and appears in the lightbox, have it start playing.

I know there is a setting for Auto Play when you use the individual video module, but I am not seeing it in the gallery options.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support. Like you have properly pointed out we haven't exposed a setting that would allow the videos to be automatically played when selected, actually by default, for the lightbox view we have set the autoplay property to false in our codebase. However, it's possible to map an external template for that particular view, based on the default template and in the codebehind you can set autoplay to true. Please find attached a sample template which utilizes this functionality. To map it for the lightbox view, you'll need to add the template to your project, build it, and then go to Sitefinity backend -> Adminstration->Setting ->Advanced -> Controls -> ViewMap and create a new entry. Please fill in the boxes accordingly:
HostType: Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.Videos.MasterThumbnailLightBoxView
TemplatePath: fill in the relative path to the template in your project (e.g if you place it in a ~/ControlTemplates folder in the root of your project, the path would be ~/ControlTemplates/LightboxCustom.ascx)

Save the configuration and restart the application. You should have the template mapped for all instances of the VideoGallery widget in your website, where you have selected the lightbox view. If there are any problems implementing the above solution, please do not hesitate to get back to me. I'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed