custom navigation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:30

custom navigation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

i need to develop custom navigation in sitefinity 4.2.from the navigation control .I want to display each selected page like a tree view.
    please visit this link " http://www.sitefinitywatch.com/blog/09-01-28/Making_Control_Properties_a_bit_more_User_Friendly_with_Web_Editors.aspx" I need to do like this.
 please help me

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Sreeraj,

can you please elaborate a little bit more on the exact use case scenario that needs to be implemented("I want to display each selected item like a tree view."), so we can give you a more specific advice. Generally specifying the Custom Navigation option of the Navigation widget, would expect you to work with a custom datasource for that control. You can still utilize the built-in functionality of the Navigation widget and create a user control which generates the desired output, and then specify this control as a template for the Navigation widget in Sitefinity. Another option would be to create a user control from scratch which you can then register in Sitefinity and drop it on any page just like the built in Navigation widget, for that purpose you can base your control on RadTreeView and bind it to SitefinitySiteMapDataSource control. Please do not hesitate to let us know if this is not the desired functionality.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi  Boyan Barnev 

I need to add custom link url(property)  in the edit mode of a custom usercontrol. The functionality is  avail on 3.7 is mentioned bellow. Like the same i have to do that in 4.2.

Please visit this link
http://www.sitefinitywatch.com/blog/09-01-28/Making_Control_Properties_a_bit_more_User_Friendly_with_Web_Editors.aspx
I need to do like this

Please reply asap?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Sreeraj,

Thank you for getting back to me. That's a tough one, WebEditor is not supported by user control properties in Sitefinity 4.x. You can still expose public properties, and they will appear in the list of properties for your widget's settings, however is you want to customize the designer view  you will have to implement a Control Desiger.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed