Additional URLs don't allow subfolders in the path

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:00

Additional URLs don't allow subfolders in the path

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

I've set up multiple urls for a page, but they won't resolve unless I remove the forward slash in the path.

Doesn't work:
~/uniquepath/1
~/uniquepath/2

Works:
~/uniquepath-1
~/uniquepath-2

Why?
John

(Sitefinity 4.1)

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello J Spens,

There were some issues related to the additional urls in 4.1, however I was not able to reproduce the described issue using 4.1 1574. Can you confirm that this was the build you are using. What I did:

1. Created a homepage.
2. Created additional test page under homepage.
3. Added those URLs to the testpage:

~/homepage/1
~/homepage-1

The testpage was accessible using the both URLs. Correct me if the procedure is wrong.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Victor

I'm using version 4.1.1574.0.

Here's the steps I just used to reproduce the issue:
1. Create a new page at the root named UrlTest. (/UrlTest)
2. Allow multiple urls for the UrlTest page:
     ~/AdditionalUrl/1
     ~/AdditionalUrl-2
3. View the test page (localhost:60876/UrlTest)
4. Try the other urls:
     localhost:60876/.../1 (fails 404)
     localhost:60876/AdditionalUrl-2 (works)

Note:
If I create an additional url ~/home/GoUrlTest for the page /UrlTest, it will redirect to the existing /home page instead of the /UrlTest page.

Hope that helps,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi John,

I have done some profound testing and it seems that the issue is somehow related to caching.

Firstly I created a page called newpage and inserted the additional urls you provided. The issue was not present. However I deleted the page and created UrlTest and applied the same additional urls. The problem surfaced when I tried to access the page from the same browser. There was a 404 message but it was referencing to the previously deleted page - newpage. Clearing the cache solved the problem as well as opening the site in another browser. Please review the attached video.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

I appreciate you looking into this. Unfortunately I don't get the same behavior as you do in the video. Clearing the cache or using a different browser that has never been to the site doesn't solve the problem for me. Can I provide you with any more information to help resolve this?

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi John,

It is possible that this was a bug in SP3 which was later fixed, because it was not reproducible on 4.2 1650 and the latest internal build. I would suggest you to upgrade your website to our latest official build as there many other fixes and features as well.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Victor,

I've upgraded to 4.2 and the url redirect is working correctly. Thanks for your help.

John

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi John,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I will be closing the thread for now, but if you experience more problems do not hesitate to open new one.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed