Custom Providers and the Permissions page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:20

Custom Providers and the Permissions page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello. I have a custom MembershipProvider and RoleProvider. I go to the Global Permissions page on the dashboard and am loggged in via the Default Provider. When I step through the code I see that it is calling CustomMembershipProvider.GetUser with the value "231d2ec2-b333-40f3-b7fe-cc15c262abf2" and other similar ones.
What I don't understand is why it is calling GetUser with those values, that is a Role defined in SecurityConfig, "<role id="231d2ec2-b333-40f3-b7fe-cc15c262abf2" name="Designers" />". Is it calling GetUser on every possible value? Should my GetUser method be expected to find users based on a Role id? Other values were not in the SecurityConfig so I don't know where they came from.
I had based my code on the example I found here.
I am running Sitefinity 4.2

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Erik,

Can you please try the solution outlined in this blog post, and let us know if the problems still persist? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed