Upgrade path to 4.2

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:56

Upgrade path to 4.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

This might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure

http://www.sitefinity.com/versionnotes.aspx?id=2556

Supported Upgrade Paths: from Sitefinity 4.1, 4.1. SP 2 and 4.1. SP 3
Older versions should be upgraded to one of these first.

4.1 SP1 is not mentioned (1395) Is this an error or will I have to upgrade SP1 to SP2 fist?

Markus

Hello Markus,

4.1 SP1 is not mentioned in the article because we support the latest 2 releases  - SP2 & SP3 and the official 4.1 release.

If you have a project that is not using Sitefinity 4.1 and you want to upgrade to 4.2, you can upgrade it to 4.1 1339, SP2 1501 or SP3 1574 and then to 4.2 1650.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

So Victor

If I under stand you right
4.1 -> 4.2 possible
4.1 SP 1 -> 4.2 NOT possible
4.1 SP 2 -> 4.2 possible
4.1 SP 3 -> 4.2 possible

It just strikes you odd that 4.1 without an service pack is supported to be upgraded to 4.2. But if you have an officel SP1 installed you first need to upgrade to SP2 before going to 4.2.

SP2 was so bad that it never was usable. Thats why I skipped it and waited for 4.2

So your 'you can' simply means 'you have to'. Twice the work. I would have expected that all versions can 4.1 can be updated to 4.2 especially if you upgarded to a service pack.

Strange but who is wondering these days ;-(

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Officially we support upgrading from the latest two versions of Sitefinity. Sitefinity 4.1 is an exception because it is an official release and many people use it.

You can still upgrade from all versions of 4.1 to 4.2 but the previously mentioned upgrade paths are officially supported.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed