Error after upgrading sitefinity to 4.1 sp3

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:50

Error after upgrading sitefinity to 4.1 sp3

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi sir,

I have a site which is built on sitefinity 4.1 sp1. Recently I upgraded the site with 4.1 sp3. I am getting an error in the sitefinity "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1395.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

I checked the assembly files and the version for Telerk.Sitefinity which was 4.1.1574.0 which is the latest. And also "Telerik.OpenAccess" shows version 2011.1.510.1.

I am confused here as config files shows earlier version for (ex) "<add version="4.1.1395.0" name="OpenAccessDataProvider" />".

(I tried changing the version to new in all config files but it's not working)

Can you give me any instruction. How to sort this problem with me ASAP ???

Thanks,
sathya

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Sathiyaseelan,

The error states that there is an old assembly or a reference in your custom module or project. Please check that the references in your custom modules ( if you have such ) match those of your Sitefinity Web Application and make sure that you reference to the bin files in your project.

The easiest way is to remove all the references from your project and re - add them by referencing the assemblies from your bin folder and rebuild the project.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I added again the references and re-built the project. It worked fine.

Thanks,
sathya

This thread is closed