Search Index specific pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:39

Search Index specific pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi

Apologies if I haven't found the thread... is it possible to set up search indexes for specific areas of the site. I have multiple areas that I need searched independently. Is this possible. I can't see a way to filter content pages etc.

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

Thank you for using our services. That's a tough one, currently we do not have such a implementation  out of the box, but thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We are currently working on providing our clients with a sample on how to build a custom search pipe, and in the sample we're planning on including a logic that will take into account the Crawlable property of pages(exposed as a setting "Allow search engines to index this page" under the page's advanced options). Hopefully we'll be able to deliver the sample with the upcoming SDK or as a separate sample as soon as possible. If there's anything else I can help you with,please do not hesitate to contact me again. I'll be glad to assist you further.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan

Oh no... I am in the middle of implementing a multi domain instance and need each domain to only search within it's folder of pages, lists, news, blogs, products, etc... can you think of any other workarounds for this?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Richard Cross,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, can you please review the following blog post, I believe you might find it useful.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

I have the same problem as Richard and don't know how to move forward.  I don't understand the pipes article at all.  Is there a non-programming solution to the problem of restricting search to a certain index based on location in the site?

For example, I have this layout:

Home
 - Area1
   - Pages
   - Blogs
 - Area2
   - Pages
   - Blogs
 - Area3
   - Pages
   - Blogs

I also have search indexes called Area1Index, Area2Index, and Area3Index.

When I'm on any page in Area2, I only want to search within the Area2Index.  Is this possible without writing custom code?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Marc Moore,

I'm afraid that currently implementing such functionality without creating a custom pipe for the search index would not be possible, however that you for pointing out the need for it, we will make sure to address this request in our internal planning for the upcoming releases.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello,

I have the same problem.
I don´t understant how it can be possible that a new versión SF has less functionalities than an old version.

Regards
Rubén

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Has there been any progress on this? We also have a Sitefinity install with multiple sub-domains, and would like to search each of them independently, by restricting the search to a specific branch of the file tree.

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Has there been any progress on this? We also have a Sitefinity install with multiple sub-domains, and would like to search each of them independently, by restricting the search to a specific branch of the file tree.

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

What's the status of progress on the search index respecting the "crawlable" page property (like Sitefinity 3 did)?

I need this functionality returned within the next two weeks!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

I would be interested in this as well, as our clients want to make specific indexes for specific hierarchies of pages. Has there been any progress in this direction?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

Well while we are adding wishes for 6.0

- Search at least language independet
- Have some permissions on search. If you have one document that is restricted to users -> this will still get index and an extract of the document shown in search results. This alone makes using the search widget UNUSABLE!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2014 00:00

Has there been any progress on this issue?  We need to be able to restrict site search to specific areas of the site as described above.  We would also like to be able to restrict search by (multiple) tags?  These need to be out of the box, or as near as possible.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2014 00:00

Hi,

Unfortunately there is still no out of the box solution. However it is possible to achieve your goal implementing custom page pipe and replacing the default one.
If you are willing to try this approach (because i understood that you want out of the box solution), just contact us again and we will guide you with it.

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed