Creating shortcuts/re-directs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:37

Creating shortcuts/re-directs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Just to simplify my question, where in the CMS can I find this feature "Page Redirects" -- There is a screen shot about half-way done this page:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-04-18/sitefinity_4_1_released_here_is_what_you_rsquo_ll_find.aspx

My original post:
----------------------
Using Sitefinity 4.1, is there a way to create shortcuts/re-directs and manage them?

Let's say I wanted to create:

www.mywebsite.com/short

which points to

www.mywebsitecom/blah/de/blah/de/blah/longname.htm

I understand I can take _old_ URLs and point them to new pages using "(x) Allow multiple URLs for this page" in the properties, but I'm wondering if you can maintain a list of shortcuts elsewhere. There is a screen shot about half way down this page title "Manage your old URL's - Page Redirects & Alternate URLs" -- where can I find this? How does  this work? 

Thanks,
Lou

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Lou,

If it's the second screenshot from gabe's post, that you have in mind, this functionality is enabled when you select the "Allow multiple URLs for this page" option form the page's Title and Properties menu. It allows you to keep a list of all the additional URLs you have specified for that particular page. In addition, you can always access the Urls collection of the particular PageNode, and manage it programatically, just have in mind that you'll need to set the RedirectToDefault property to true, if you want the programatically added additional URL to redirect your users to the new page.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed