How to set the Blog Posts date in Sitefinity 4.x

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:51

How to set the Blog Posts date in Sitefinity 4.x

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Guys,

I am currently moving content over from our previous CMS to Sitefinity 4.x. As I move the articles over, I do not see an option where I can set the published date. I have looked under the Actions menu in the list of All Blogs. I have also looked under Manage Posts and I have clicked to Edit a post but found no options there other than Schedule Publish/Unpublish which, even if I set the date in the past does not work as I am expecting it to.

My last resort will be to change this in the database, but I was hoping there is a tool in Sitefinity to do this?

Thanks,
James

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Any news on this?

We had a similar issue and ended up going the database route. If you end up doing the same, I'll save you some trouble: don't forget to change the information in sf_url_data as well otherwise you'll end up with broken links.

Hi Kmac,

In Sitefinity 4.2.1679 we added a feature to the Migration Module that allows the change of a publication date for some content item. In order to use it include the following namespace:

using Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.Strategies;

and then call

contentItem.SetPublicationDate(manager, publicationDate);

where manager is the appropriate content manager (e.g. BlogsManager) and publicationDate is the new publication date.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

I saw this post and I think it relates to my issue.

I want to be able to "schedule" a lot of blog posts.  Like, log in, write them all, schedule them for future publication, and have them automatically do that.

Is that what this is referring to?  And if so, can someone translate what this means:

include the following namespace:

using Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.Strategies;

and then call

contentItem.SetPublicationDate(manager, publicationDate);

where manager is the appropriate content manager (e.g. BlogsManager) and publicationDate is the new publication date.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Robert,

In 4.2 SP1 we added a feature that allows you to set publish/unpublish date in the future. When you create a blog post click on More actions -> Publish/Unpublish on Specific Date. I attached a screenshot with the dialog.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed