Using Microdata and DublinCore

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:41

Using Microdata and DublinCore

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi guys,

A client wish to use Microdata and Dublin Core to mark up his website content to provide structured data for search engines and improve how the website appears on search results.

Can I know if Microdata and Dublin Core works on Sitefinity? Or does Sitefinity have a solution that works better than those two? 

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik,

If a web page codes have a series of the following meta-tags:

Dc.Title

Dc.Creator

Dc.Subject

When we revamp the website using Sitefinity, how can we generate these codes? If it can be done via Sitefinity with some customisations, please enlighten me on how I can do it. 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi James,

Microdata - to my understanding this is HTML 5 markup inserted into pages. If this is the case, based on the user requirements you can incorporate HTML 5 markup on your pages using either custom user controls, or even using the HTML mode of the Content Block control.

Dublin Core - you can add custom meta tags to your pages either from their Title & Properties. In Advanced options section you can define custom meta tags for your pages. Furthermore you can create your custom base page type and make your pages inherit from it. More information on the base page can be found here.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed