Sitefinity News Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:12

Sitefinity News Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

The issues that I'm having are with the Sitefinity news control. The first issue deals with the PublicationDate.  I created my own custom field to display called ReleaseDate.  On my news page I have 2 news controls, on the left it displays a list (which is sorted by ReleaseDate), and on the right the lastest full article release is displayed.  When I click on either of the titles and it take me to the automatically generated page, the list of items on the left is still sorted by PublicationDate and not ReleaseDate.  Is there a way to fix this so it sorts by my custom field?

The second issue I'm having is with the format of the template on the automatically generated page (the page generated after clicking an article title).  It is showing more information that I want it to, and also the article title is not formatted the correct way.  I was able to change the templates for the news page I created, but unable to find the template that Sitefinity uses for the generated page.  

Any help on either of these issues would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Steph

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

I figured out the second issue I had mentioned, the templating issue.  However, I'm still stuck on the first issue.  When I click on a specific article the list of all articles on the left hand side gets grouped by PublicationDate (default with Sitefinity).  I would like the list to continue to show all articles, sorted by my custom field of ReleaseDate.  This works on the actual News page, but breaks when an article is clicked.

Thank you,

Stephanie

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Stephanie,

How do you sort your left list by your new custom date field? I attached a screenshot that shows where you should override the default sorting expression, however this will override it for all widgets on all pages. Could you please give us more details.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed