4.2 can't upload documents

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:14

4.2 can't upload documents

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2011 00:00

I just upgraded to 4.2 from 4.1sp3.  I cant seem to upload documents or images from via the Upload Documnets link in the Library/Albums in the backend.  I am able to upload via the generic content block.

This process works in my development server, but does not seem to on the production server.  I am comparing the dll and config files for the two servers.

The same files seem to be there. 

When I try to upload I only get the following screen.

What could be causing this?

Edit:

I have used Fiddler to track the traffic between the two servers when trying to perform these tasks.  It seems that I am not getting any of the WebResource.axd files when trying to accomplish this from the production server, wether they be JavaScript, images or css from the production server.  Attached are the fidler results.

I have now gone in and moved the dll files and config files from the working development box to the producition server. It still did not work.  I then attached the production server to the development database and it still did not work.

Is there a new server requirement or anything for 4.2?

I am at a loss with this.

Edit:  I have also noticed that I cannot replace any files.

Anthony

I have also applied the hotfix, which fixed the development site but not the production site.

Is there any way from the version number if the hotfix is installed?  I have 4.2.1650.0 PU on both sites...

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

The issue is most probably related to the fact that you are using an old version of the Telerik.Sitefinity.Silverlight.xap Silverlight application, found in the /ClientBin  directory of your site. 

To work around that, you may create a new project with the latest Project Manager and copy the files from the /ClientBin directory of the newly created project to your existing project's /ClientBin  directory.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

I'm still having this issue.  I swapped out the files in bin and clientbin with the ones from 4.2.1679.0 and did an iisreset.  I retested on Windows7/Mac/CentOS to make sure it wasn't a client issue.

I'm not seeing any network traffic when I try to upload an image through the module; I can upload images through the image widget though.  I realize that the widget doesn't use Silverlight.  If we can't get this resolved quickly, is there a way to browse to a page that uses the same control as the widget?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Patrick Herrington,

I have answered you in the support ticket you have opened.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2011 00:00

I am having the same problems, but with Images (I haven't tried documents).  What is the fix for this problem?  I have attached 2 screenshots.  The first shows an error that I receive as soon as the Select Images screen appears, the second shows another error after selecting an image to upload.

Thanks,
Jim

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Jim,

Have you tried the proposed solution in my previous post?

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Hi Victor, If you are referring to replacing the files in the \ClientBin folder from a newly created project, yes, I tried that. The problem does not occur on a fresh project, only on an upgraded project...at least in my case. I upgraded projects from the latest version of 4.1 to 4.2. If there is another solution, please advise with a detailed explanation. Thank you, Jim

Hello Jim,

Can you open a ticket and send me the project? If this is ok for you, please reference to this thread so we know the state of the issue.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

For what it is worth...

My problem had seemed to be be only with my Windows 7 computer.  Every other computer I had tried worked okay.

I had some updates applied today and now am able to upload documents again.  There was a SilverLight security update that installed this morning.  It is KB2512827.  I am not sure if it is related or just a coincidence, but this information may be of use.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Thank you for providing the additional information about the Silverlight update - we will make note of that.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

I am having the same issue (with documents and with images) on a windows server 2003 with sitefinity 4.2.1650.
It's not the first sitefinity project on this server but it's the only one that has this problem.
I tried the Client bin solution (using files from a 1650 a 1679 and a 1733 project ) but it doesn't work.I tried silverlight update that solved  Anthony's issue both on the server and my local pc and the issue is still not fixed.
Any suggestions?

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Bogdan Pachita,

If you have replaced the contents of your ClientBin folder with the contents of a blank new project, have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello
I restarted the website,did an Application pool recycle,cleaned the cache, tried different browser and it still doesn't work.
What else is there to try?
Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Bogdan Pachita,

Please open a support ticket and send us your project so we can inspect it locally. Refer to the forum thread in the support ticket.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

i am having the same issue on 4.3.1885.0. what was the fix in the end. since people are directed to separate tickets, there is no info here of what worked. was there anything else that was done?

guys, how did you get it working. I have two servers and 28 terminals. I can upload documents from other terminals but this one terminal does not want to work at all. Once i select the documents i want to upload, it then thinks about it and then shows the empty square (attached). it is just this one terminal. i deleted teh cache, i re-installed Silverlight, etc. it is not at the server side because i can do it through other terminals. how do i fix this terminal???

many thanks,
Andrei

It is a matter of getting the clientbin and the bin on the exact same version; this includes file dates, so make sure to zip before uploading via ftp.

I recommend creating a new sitefinity site, and coping both the bin and clientbin to your working directory.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Nov-2011 00:00

Thanks Patrick.

What I did in the end, was to re-install Silverlight and IE9 on the offending terminal and that fixed it. I was able to upload documents from all the other terminals but not from this one. So that isolated it to the terminal rather than the server. Re-installing Silverlight and IE9 on the terminal seems to have brought the terminal out of its confusion and back to a working order.

Many thanks for responding,
Andrei

This thread is closed