Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:31

Sitefinity 4.3 Roadmap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi All,

Is there a ETA on the Sitefinity 4.3 Roadmap

thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2011 00:00

Last I heard from a post is that it was on the way the details were just being finalized

I'd say perhaps next week?...but I have no insider info on that so it's just a guess, sorry :)

Perhaps it'll hit after the service pack?

**EDIT**
FYI, this is my wishlist, but again, not based on anything

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2011 00:00

I hope they finally start working on a forums module. It has been promised a long time ago, but there's still no sign of it. A serious CMS needs a fully integrated forum. Relying on a third party product is not the way to go. It always results in more work for developers.

Perhaps an idea for your wishlist Steve?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Nothing as yet on the roadmap? What is so much mystry about?

Hi John,

You can review the roadmap here.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi

Any new features in 4.2 Service Pack 1?

Are multi-page forms postponed indefinitely?

Thanks

Regards

I rather would know what bugs are going to be fixed in 4.2 SP1 as well as in 4.3

Because some of the bugs are really bad - like

- switching back-end language to frontend page language
- extra URLs added when draging pages resulting in not beeing able to edit
- Forms simply not usable in pixel layout (given with and messed up design)
- Not beeing able to remove a schedule once its been added
- page re-indexing issue in 1650 

and I sure there are many more on PITS and on some list with Telerik. I would really be happy if Telerik would dedicate all the time on existing bugs before creating new ones with new moduls/functionallity.

Make it fast, stable, relyable and bug free to have a good foundation. I wished telerik would reconsider the roadmap and put more weight on bug fixing and small improvments (which I know are on the way, but just not visible in the raodmap)

Markus

They clearly can't list every bug they're going to fix in the roadmap, but PITS separates them out for you.

if Telerik would dedicate all the time on existing bugs before creating new ones with new moduls/functionallity

Gotta disagree on this statement, I think they have enough resources now to crank out the leftover bugs, and the content type builder I don't think you understand how much of a holy grail this is :)  It would literally let you make a module in the UI!  I mean it's not like the whole team would be working on that, maybe a couple people while the others would crank out the bugs and other improvements

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

I have to agree with Steve. A UI module builder will be a huge time-saver. I would love to know when it's coming out (e.g. sp1, 4.3 or 4.4). It's not clear from the roadmap as to when the module builder will be available.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

I don’t understand why there isn't a search feature for users (or have I missed it?). It takes ages to paginate to the required user. I believe there was a search button in 4.0 which did not work and it was taken off in subsequent releases.

Regards

This thread is closed