Notification System in 4.3-4.4?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:43

Notification System in 4.3-4.4?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2011 00:00

Will we get notifications implemented finally in 4.3 or 4.4?  I don't see anything mentioned on the release notes...it's just super annoying having to constantly log in and check forms and comments when I could just sit and wait for emails :)

...or will this be in 4.2 SP1!

That's high up on my wish list as well.

Imagin you get 2-3 mails a week and want to reply urgently. You would have to sign in often just to see nothing there.
Market place solution is nice but that something SF should deliver out of the box.

+1 from me

Markus

Yeah no the marketplace control is super elegant for forms!

...but there's so much more to get notifications on...comments on news, events, blogs...etc

Heck...give me a comments CONTROL to put on any page (*EDIT* although I guess we have the facebook one for that) :)

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2011 00:00

@Steve

Yes the marketplace module is nice, but don't I have to update the forms notification every time I update SF?

Look at the very bottom here: http://www.gsaadeh.com/blog/post/11-07-20/Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx

I sure would hope that we get this notification for forms. Now I need to build my own forms outside of Telerik unless I want to risk that the marketplace module might not get updated and breaks the page.

Markus

@Markus

...yes and no...assembly binding will future-proof it (unless the API that he's using changes)

LINK

But yeah, I typically don't like to rely on hacks or marketplace controls (it's a pretty slick control though :) to do things that should be there by default.

@Steve

So I just have to remember to update my web.config every time I update SF. That's correct?

Markus

PS: I still have to make my own forms because I want a captcha and this bug http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/formslayout-is-like-a-box-of-chocolate.aspx

Yeah pretty much, just update the web.config with the new version number and all your controls should just continue to work even though you dont have the latest compiled version.

This thread is closed