Single blog post and multiple blog posts widget on same page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:41

Single blog post and multiple blog posts widget on same page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi all!

I've got a question about the blog posts widget. I have a blog page on which I have 2 "blog posts" widgets,

1.    contains a list with all blog posts
2.    contains a single blog post

When I click on a blog post in the list, I want the content of the selected post in the single blog post content. The list should always be available. 

The problem I now have is that both blog posts widgets get the same single post content, so my list is gone. What do I have to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Peter,

You can edit one of the blogs widgets, go to Advanced and find the UrlKeyPrefix property and set some value there (or for both widgets, but these values must be different). This will differentiate the two widgets.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

thank you for your answer. Your solution indeed differentiates both the blog widgets, but what I want is when I click a blog item in my list widget, the content of the selected item should be in in my other (single) blog widget and not in my list widget (this "blog" list stays the same all the time).

Is this possible? Maybe I can use your solution in another way to fix this? 

Thanks again!

Regards,
Peter

Hello Peter,

In this case do the following:

In the first blog posts widget go to Advanced mode and set ContentViewDisplayMode to "Master". Then go to ControlDefinition -> Views -> MasterBlogPostsFrontend and set AllowUrlQueries to false.

Then go to the other blog posts widget and set its ContentViewDisplayMode to "Detail".

This should do it.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Lubomir,

thank you for your answer, this solution did the trick!

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello,

I re-created the same concept with 2 blog widgets on the page, and the functionality works.  However, on my details blog (the widget that shows the full blog post) nothing shows up on the page to begin with.  Example:  Go to the blog page and left side content area is blank and right sidebar has the blogs list.  I have to click on a list item before a post shows up.  

How can I set it so the latest published blog post will show up when a user first navigates to the blog page?

Thank you,

Steph

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Stephanie,

Well, in order for something to be displayed in the Detail blog posts widget you have to redirect to the appropriate URL of the latest post - e.g. blogs-page/test-blog/2011/10/19/todays-post. You can assign a code-behind class to this page and add logic to do a Response.Redirect to the URL of the latest blog post that you could retrieve with BlogsManager.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2013 00:00

I'm using two Blog post widgets too, one that lists the latest under a specific category and the other is the latest published across all blogs. I've tried the different solutions listed above but I can't seem to get them to work the way I want them to.

Under the blue tab section:
Behavior one- click on a safety & security article title and it opens the detail view within the widget. This is correct.

Behavior two - click the latest post tab, then on the title or read more and it doesn't open up in detail view but rather back to the More safety & security article list view. How do I get it show the detail view within the widget?

Here is the blog page that I'm referring to:  processautomationinsights.com/safety-security
Any suggestions?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi all,

@Viktoria

My suggestion is the following:
Set the two widgets ContentViewDisplayMode to Master and then add a third one with ContentViewDisplayMode set to Detail. This way both your lists will stay once an article is clicked and the third widgets will display the views of the selected item.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2014 00:00

This is also how to use Sitefinity 6 to show a product menu and a product on the same page. In other words if you have two controls on the same page, one is a product list widget and the other is a single product detail view widget.

A typical menu and detail relationship.

Is there a comprehensive reference to the Advanced configuration options for widgets? I have seen references to Microsoft documentation for these, maybe they are a standard solution.

In any case thank you for answering this question.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2014 00:00

I have situation whereby i am using a standard Edition license for sitefinity CMS. Unfortunately, i keep receiving trial message when running my website. Can someone tell me how i can rid of that  random notification that keeps poppin up.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi all,

@jon

You are correct - our widgets are extended Composite controls so there is information available in MSDN on the properties they expose. However we do have this Documentation article on the matter as well.

@Lonestar

This behavior is due to improper registration of your domain. For more information on how to get rid of the trial pop-up, please contact your dedicated account manager.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed