Changing properties Custom Layout Widgets Orphan's objects
I have created a Custom Layout Widget following http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/designers-guide/custom-layout-widgets.aspx and added custom styles to divs without altering standard styles.
1. i goto backend and drag my custom layout on to the template.
2. Then goto content section and drag a content block and add content to it.
3. Publish and preview it Works fine.
4. Go back to backend click edit and change custom layout widgets properties like Width or CssClass
5. Save and Preview, content is missing from the page.
6. Reopen the page in Edit mode content is shown at the top as Orphaned
Here is my Template
add enabled="True" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.LayoutControl, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" title="Test Block" description="Test Block" layoutTemplate="~/TemplateControls/TestBlock.ascx" visibilityMode="None" name="Test Block" />
I was able to reproduce the problem - this seems like a bug with the custom layout controls. I have logged it in our internal bug tracking system. Apologies for the inconvenience.Greetings,