Changing properties Custom Layout Widgets Orphan's objec

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:03

Changing properties Custom Layout Widgets Orphan's objects

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

I have created a Custom Layout Widget following http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/designers-guide/custom-layout-widgets.aspx and added custom styles to divs without altering standard styles.

Now 
1.  i goto backend and drag my custom layout on to the template.
2.  Then goto content section and drag a content block and add content to it.
3. Publish and preview it Works fine.
4. Go back to backend click edit and change custom layout widgets properties like Width or CssClass
5. Save and Preview, content is missing from the page.
6. Reopen the page in Edit mode content is shown at the top as Orphaned

Here is my Template

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<div id="Div1" runat="server" class="sf_cols">
    <div id="Div2" runat="server" class="sf_colsOut sf_1col_1_100">
                <div id="Div3" runat="server" class="sf_colsIn sf_1col_1in_100 inner-page-content">

</div>
    </div>
</div>

toolbox data is as shown

<

add enabled="True" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.LayoutControl, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563" title="Test Block" description="Test Block" layoutTemplate="~/TemplateControls/TestBlock.ascx" visibilityMode="None" name="Test Block" />

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Naveen,

I was able to reproduce the problem - this seems like a bug with the custom layout controls. I have logged it in our internal bug tracking system. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed