Custom Module Creation In Sitefinity 4.2

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:48

Custom Module Creation In Sitefinity 4.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am using Sitefinity 4.2.My problem is related to custom module creation.I have created an Intrasite module(Testimonials), referring the tutorial
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-06-30/sitefinity_intra-site_module_webinar_notes.aspx.
But in my project,their will be  localization for Arabic language.Now I want to know
Is this method support localization ?
If not, Is their any other method that supports localization?

plz help me...

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Rakesh,

I don't quite understand what do you mean by method that supports localization. The link that you provided is for a custom widget, not module. There is a series of blog posts about how to create a custom module - I recommend you checking them out:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-07-07/creating_sitefinity_4_content_modules_part_1_project_preparation_and_hello_world.aspx

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,
I have created Jobs Module referring

http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/how-to-how-to-create-a-custom-content-based-module.html

I added Arabic as my back end language.When I switches to Arabic language all other pages except the Jobs are converted to Arabic.What else should I do to achieve this

can u please direct me....?

Thanks 

Hi Rakesh,

If you use version 4.2 of Sitefinity then you better download the Sitefinity SDK and take a look at the Products Catalog sample module. We made some important changes in the way multilingual content is handled - like your manager needs to implement the ILifecycleManager interface. As I mentioned - take a look at the Products module - it is a good source for knowledge for how to create custom modules for 4.2.

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir Velkov,

I am  still behind the module creation.I have successfully created the Products module.Now I want to create a module that stores some member information in one of my table.And I also need to provide Edit and Delete.I want to know ,
How can I create my table ?
Which are the classes that I need to edit to achieve my functionality ?
Is their any tutorial that can help me ?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

@Rakesh,

Here are some useful blog posts that demonstrate how to create a custom module and use OpenAccess to implement the data layer:
Sitefinity Intra-Site Module Webinar Notes
Building Data Layers Quickly with OpenAccess

I hope this helps,
Anton

This thread is closed