Custom Download List Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:33

Custom Download List Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Good day

I can create a additional download list template but it seems I can not choose it.

Is this correct. If yes, are there any plans to extend this any time soon. You might want to have different styled lists on the site, not?

Markus

thank you for sharing!

Hi Markus,

This seems indeed the case. There are 5 predefined templates for the Download List widget and their usage is hard coded in the Download List widget designer settings. I will speak with our UX people to see if we would add an additional functionality to be able to use the custom templates for this widget.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Dear Lubomir

Thanks for takingit up with the UX team. Hope their vote in favoir :-)
Speeking of votes if this is not on PITS could you add it?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

I have logged a new PITS feature request - here is the public URL 

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/7948

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2013 00:00

I started this post 16 month ago.

And it seems in 5.3 its still not possible to simply choose different layout widget for downlaod list.

Any chance Telerik cares about this.
Any chance this will make it to 5.4

I want my clients to choose different layout templates for download list the same way the can for many other widget. 

Sometimes the upload date is important sometime it is not.

Looking forward to a Telerik response

PS: Anyone who has not voted on PITS yet and cares about it please do so :http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/7948

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thnak you for the feedback, indeed the feature has not been addressed yet, part of it being because we've tried prioritizing the addressed features by the popularity they've received in PITS, and another part due to the fact that this requires a bit more complex refactoring of the widget than it seems, as currently the 5 different modes are represented by 5 predefined templates which are loaded accoridng to your choice.

Until we implement the feature you can still specify a different TemplateKey (Ivan's reply from 11 Jul 2011) if you want to load a new template you've created from Design->WidgetTemplates, or go with an External template.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2013 00:00

6.0 released and its still not possible to have custom download list templates as you can do it at so many other places.

Make SF consitent - please fix it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thnak for reminding us of the importance of this feature. It was not on the 6.0 roadmap, and unfortunately we did not have the additional capacity to address it, taken into account Sitefinity 6.0's aggressive features list.

We have reviewed the problem on a brief internal discussion today, and will start working on framing the feature so it's consistent with the rest of Sitefinity ContentView designers, however its actual implementation needs to be determined at a later point in time. Once we agree on a deadline to commit for this feature we're going to announce it on our roadmap for the corresponding release.

Thnak you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Dear Boyan

Sorry for beeing a pain in the neck and keep reminding you. As you know I will just keep reminding untill someone gets feed up and does it :-)

Any news when we can expect 6.1 roadmap?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

I will include this feature request in our list of important feature requests. I have also increased the priority of the feature request and will discuss its implementation with one of our teams on Monday because today is an official holiday in Bulgaria. I hope that they will implement it with some of our next releases.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Dear Stefani

Not that I think that this will change anything since the initial request is from Sept. 2011. But thanks anyhow. You never know what makes it onto the 6.1 one roadmap.

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thank you for this reminder.

As Boyan mentioned in his previous post, we wil be working on this problem and will try to address it as soon as possible. However, this fix is not in the plans for the 6.1 release.

The roadmap for 6.1 is almost ready and will be published very soon on our website.
I hope you will be happy to see all the great stuff we are preparing for you.

Regards,
Antoaneta
Telerik

This thread is closed