Custom module creation error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:21

Custom module creation error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am using Sitefinity 4.2.
I created a custom module(Jobs module) as per the tutorial given in

http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/how-to-how-to-create-a-custom-content-based-module.html

The module was created successfully.But when I go to Content >> Jobs I got this error

" Unable to upgrade database schema metadataSource provided by 'Jobs.Data.OpenAccessJobsDataProvider': No metadata has been registered for class Jobs.Model.JobApplication. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///D:/ModuleDummyMaster/bin/Jobs.DLL.) "

how can I solve this ?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Rakesh,

You need to properly set the path to the OpenAccess enhancer. Inside your .csproj file there should be a declaration like this:

<PropertyGroup>
    <OpenAccessPath>$(SolutionDir)Reference Assemblies\Telerik\OpenAccess</OpenAccessPath>
</PropertyGroup>

You must have enhancer.exe that is part of Telerik OpenAccess inside$ (SolutionDir)Reference Assemblies\Telerik\OpenAccess

Insert this XML bit before this:

<Import Condition="Exists('$(OpenAccessPath)\OpenAccess.targets')" Project="$(OpenAccessPath)\OpenAccess.targets" />

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for your reply...

I have already got the same solution from some other posts

Hi Rakesh,

Does this mean you have solved your issue?

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2011 00:00

Yes

Thank You,
Rakesh

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2011 00:00

hi,

I have created a Page Based Module as per the video

http://tv.telerik.com/watch/sitefinity/how-to-extend-sitefinity-4-using-page-based-modules

Now I want to know is this support back end localization ?
I mean,I added Arabic as a back end language.When I switch to Arabic, does the all module will turn to Arabic ?
If not is their any way to do this?
Any other module creation procedure are their that make it possible ?

Thank you,
Rakesh

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Rakesh,

If inside your module you use only resources that are already defined in Sitefinity then if you import the Arabic as a backend language all resources should be updated appropriately.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed