workflow notification

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:14

workflow notification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding workflow notification.

1. If i want to customize the workflow notification message, there is no way to customize if my client purchase the standard edition?

2. I have 2 pages which page1 can only be approved by editor1 and page2 can only be approved by editor2. In the page permission, i am able to customize it accordingly. But the problem is both editors will receive request for approval notification. How can i customize the notification if page1 request for approval, the notification will only send to editor1.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Chen Chuan,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

Unfortunately, customizing the notification message is not possible at the moment. I have logged it as a feature request, so that this would be possible in the near future.
As for the second thing you want to achieve, you would have to customize your workflow, which requires a higher Sitefinity license. Follow the link for more information about Sitefinity licensing.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Zheyna Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

I understand that to customize the workflow, my client have to purchase at least the professional edition. But my second question is how can i customize the workflow which it can send the notification to the specific approver instead of all approver in the workflow approval group. As you know that the existing workflow that Sitefinity have is in module based. If contributor A request approval for Page1, how can i customize the workflow which it will only send a notification message to Editor B instead of send the notification message to all Editors. Page1 only can approved by Editor B and other editors not able to approve it. I am able to customize the Page1 permission so only Editor B can approve it. But i have no idea where can i customize the workflow which only Editor B will receive the notification message. Hope you understand my question.

Thanks,

ps: I have checked through workflow xamlx file and i have no idea where should i change to achieve it.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Chen Chuan,

Thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately email notifications for workflow cannot be modified.
Currently every user which is a member of the Approvers role will receive an email.

We realize how frustrating this can be so we are definitely going to improve the expereince in the future.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed