thumbnail for image library

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:56

thumbnail for image library

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2011 00:00

I do not find/understand which image becomes the thumbnail for the image library

If I have 2 image libraries containing identical files with identical names one image folder/library could show one thumbnail and the other the other thumbnail, why is that how do I get them to show the same thumbnail?

in attached pic 2 libraries containing the same 2 image files and showing different thumbnails

If someone could explain it would be appreciated - I'm still a SF newbie so please be clear if answering

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Dear Joakim

Just out of curiosity. Are they in the same order in the library as well?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Thanks for trying to help me out. Images are in the same order in the libraries. I could also add that i'm having the same scenario in another SF project. Regards Joakim

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Joakim,

The thumbnail is based upon the first chosen for uploading image. I have performed some tests on our local environment using 4.2 1650:

1. Created 3 galleries.
2. In two of them I have uploaded the same 4 images in the same order. Both of them were using the first uploaded picture as a thumbnail.
3. I have uploaded the images in different order and again the same scenario applied - the first image was set as thumbnail.

If you experience somehow different behaviour please record a video and provide further details about your project and setup.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Thanks for the reply,

You might be right that it's the first uploaded image that turns into a thumbnail.
My follow up will then be could you set it later on/change it (without removing the pic) programmatically or somehow...

Why the request.
Let's say you have several folders with identical pictures (except size) adjusted for different page types.
It would be a lot easier if folders named "Department A 300x300px", "Department A 400x400px" where the photos all share other settings such as sort order, desciption etc also could appear the same way.
That would be great.

Anyhow thanks for the answer though it was not the answer I wished to receive.

Regards

joakim

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Joakim,

Our deeper investigation showed that is hard to achieve due to the fact that there is no such logic implemented for such a functionality. In other words after you create an album the default thumbnail is set to be the first uploaded file in the album. However we will discuss whether this can be logged as a feature request for one of our future releases.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed