4.2 Template Migration Problems

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:35

4.2 Template Migration Problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey folks,

I'm currently running into issues while trying to migrate all of my data over from 3.7 SP4 to 4.2. Everything but two modules successfully transferred over. The one I am here to ask a question about is the template module.

When attempting to migrate it over, I get an error that I've never encountered before:

Message: Error retrieving template: The relative virtual path '../Sitefinity/UserControls/Navigation35/SiteMenu.ascx' is not allowed here.    at System.Web.VirtualPath.FailIfRelativePath()
   at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull)
   at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(String virtualPath)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.MigrationService.GetUserControls(String fileContent, List`1 userControlsList)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.MigrationService.GetMasterPages(String masterPagePath, List`1 masterPagesList, MigrationMasterPageStatus isPrimary)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.MigrationService.GetSingleTemplate(Message templateDefinitionParam)
   at SyncInvokeGetSingleTemplate(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Has anyone seen this error before? If so, does someone know how I resolve this?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Dustin,

Would you like to send us your Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 project, and we can try to upgrade it locally for you, and get back to you with some detailed feedback and analysis of how the process went, and analysis/ instructions on how to proceed further. This would also help us gather important information on what might be improved in the Migration Module. Looking forwards to your reply.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,

I would love to send it to you. How should I get in touch with you?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Dustin,

I have replied to your ticket.

Greetings,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed