Developing a Social Network

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:13

Developing a Social Network

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik Team.

Me and my friends want to create a social network web-site.We decided to use Sitefinity.I am using small bussiness edition for now.It looks like it is not possible to create a social-network with this edition.Which edition and modules you suggest to do that or any possibilities to create in Small Bussiness edition?

Thanks in Advance
Regards Can.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Can,

Developing a social network requires quite a lot of effort. If you compare the versions in

http://www.sitefinity.com/purchase/license-comparison.aspx

you will notice that SBE allows only 1000 published items. This is rather a small number. I suggest you to try the Standard edition, which has unlimited number of content items. If by any change you start to need more options you can always upgrade to some higher level edition.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Thanks for fast reply.

I ve already noticed that it is quite difficult to do that with SB edition.We dont want to create a large and detailed social network like facebook,myspace etc.We just want to let people upload their photos,update their status,send friend requests,comment on their friend's photos.Are these stuffs possible with Standart Edition?

Regards Can.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Can,

They are possible with SBE as well, however there are limitations on the number of published items, so Standard edition looks like the best choice, as it has unlimited number of published content items.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed