Single Image Thumb Click Big Image Lightbox

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:29

Single Image Thumb Click Big Image Lightbox

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

I have a sugestion open here: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/suggestions/image-widget-improvements.aspx

Just wondering if anyone has yet programmed a widget with the following functionality

- Select an image form a library
- Have a thumb (downsized) shown on page (px width could be set)
- On click original image shows in lightbox mode

It would be kind of a single image image gallery?

Anyone has done something like this.

-------------------------

Or any way to add image on page with click to open big image - but having an editor, not programmer in mind. So no copying JS, Jquery stuff.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

...I have one coming

Except its more generic than that.  Gives two layout boxes...so whatever you put in the top becomes the thing that activates the lightbox, whatever you put in the bottom is what is IN the lightbox when it pops up.  The plus side is they're layouts so they accept child layouts which means the content inside can be whatever.

4.2 SP1 fixed a blocking bug on it, so should be done soon

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

@Steve

Would you be willing to share?

@Telerik

Would you be willing to look at Steves solution and try to get that into 4.3 as a widget. This seems to be another example (like mailing forms) where a user does some very good work that would be appreciated by so many users.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Yeah, I'll have it in the marketplace soon

Video: http://www.screencast.com/t/elfW5OD5

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2011 00:00

Dear Steve

Any news on this yet?

Markus

WOW!...weird you mention it

I worked on it yesterday and sent a preview to Anton before it gets released

...improved interfaces:
www.screencast.com/.../8Zz1Xg3av
www.screencast.com/.../PZkkkytM

So hopefully soon...I see a couple bugs, but nothing game breaking, just nit-picky minor things :)

Dear Steve

The wow is all on my part. You must have worked so hard and especially the lightbox solutions looks so simple to achieve.

Absolutely great! I wished stuff like this would not have to end up in marketplace but Telerik would implement it. After all Sitefinity is not supposed to be open source to me :-)

Again its amazing what you are doing. I hope Telerik awards you with 1'000'000 points at least.

Markus

PS: why is it easier to implment this as layout instead of a widget?

Because the layout lets you put whatever the crap you want inside it...if it's just a widget then you and your designers are stuck with the RadEditor to put stuff in the popup...which can suck sometimes.  Like this way allows NESTING other layouts inside the popup too right.

This way you can put forms, or other things in there too.

This is the idiot-proof "Simple" version.  I have a more advanced one planned where you can place the popup somewhere at the bottom out of the way and have the widget point at that (so you can configure some options)

This is why I wanted layouts to have custom properties\designers.

**EDIT** I would love it if they wanted to implement these widgets too :)  I have been planning this tabstrip since 3.x...but without layout controls it was just a pipe dream.

Steve

Dear Steve

Idiot-proof is what I need. I even prefer the term primate-save :-)

Markus

Problem though (as simple as it is)...it'll take up a ton of vertical designer space right :/

Dear Steve

Well since you have your tab strip solution in place alredy simply combine them :-)

As one of the primates you are programming for this should only take a couple of minutes to do so.

Markus

PS: I know the image widget really does not much at all. Would it be possible to have a simpler version just for images when inherriting from images widget? Maybe the image widget would be usefull after all.

Sometime it would be easier to chat then using SF forum for it. So if you want send me your details to mb (at) marktold.com (skype, IM are prefered)

Regards Markus

Hmmmm...interesting

So you mean like it would have two fields in the editor...one to pick an image from the library...and a second field to have the text which would open it?

Dear Steve

Well the most common scenario I can think of is thumbs and big image.

Let's say you have screenshots of an application. For example 20 screenshots of SF backened and you want to present them and can not use a image gallerie

Text for screenshot 1

thumb_screenshot 1 ->  when click screenshot 1 lightbox style
-------------------------------
Text for screenshot 2

thumb_screenshot2 -> when clicked screenshot 2 lightbox style

----------------------------

I guess you could missuse the image Gallery and give each image a seperate tag, Then add the image library to your page and filter by this tag. Then you get a one image - image gallery which would do the trick.

But that's simply a workaround.

So it would be back to my very first post.

===================================

As for you solution to day it would be nice of cours that instead of top bottom for your link content / overlay content we simply have two tabs. But thats a whole different concetpt i guess.

Markus

"As for you solution to day it would be nice of cours that instead of top bottom for your link content / overlay content we simply have two tabs. But thats a whole different concetpt i guess."

Javascript doesn't work in the design surface :o

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Dear Steve

Did you finish your super solution?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

I just need to package and send it to the marketplace :/

...we decided to move last week so I've been frantically tiling, sanding, painting for days and hours!

Please bear with me :)

This thread is closed